Rock Jimi Hendrix Experience < Band of Gypsys

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Band of Gypsy’s was levels above the Experience. Sure, he had more mainstream success with the Experience (Woodstock, Monterey Pop).

I’ll put Live at the Fillmore against any of his earlier releases

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6ogdCG3tAWiNVuEYX1igy9HuUUbOc-0I

From a pure Soul/Blues/R&B standpoint, it shows how artistic, versatile, and another stratosphere Jimi was on. shyt, he played for James Brown. And that rhythm section is tight as hell

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
facts. band of gypys got jimi back to his roots. the soul and the funk was there. shyt really pissed me off when i read interviews and articles shyttin on buddy miles. buddy wasn't going to give you some extravagant wizardry shyt on the drums. he had that POCKET and that's what matters in black music.

i get sad bc i think he was really finding his groove and got the right fellas around him who shared the same vision of where he wanted to take his music too.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
facts. band of gypys got jimi back to his roots. the soul and the funk was there. shyt really pissed me off when i read interviews and articles shyttin on buddy miles. buddy wasn't going to give you some extravagant wizardry shyt on the drums. he had that POCKET and that's what matters in black music.

i get sad bc i think he was really finding his groove and got the right fellas around him who shared the same vision of where he wanted to take his music too.

:salute:Thanks for mentioning Buddy Miles and Billy Cox.

Rolling Stone is on Jimis nuts constantly, but has shown what I think is outright prejudice against Bands that are not White. Never a mention of Band of Gypsys, James Brown, Parliment, Motown.

This includes the gawd James Jamerson

I think it’s a great example of racism in music. And I’m not celebrating that fact. It’s outright disrespectful to the artists that were blatantly ripped of, both music and lyrics. Led Zepplin, etc

shyt I grew up listening to both Motown and Classic Rock. The rock and roll hall of fame should be filled with more artist that paved the way. Not the obligatory Robert Johnson appreciation they (music media) throws out. It is disingenuous as fukk

Everytime The Doors are played, equal airtime should go to the above mentioned artists.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
it’s straight prejudice breh. the fact that sly and george just get glazed over as far their contribution to music upsets me. as if they didn’t pioneer a fukkin a genre of music (jb being the godfather)

despite jimi being an alien…I really think if he didn’t have an all white rhythm section and all white management, he wouldn’t be as praised as he is

but we know what it is. i dont expect them to look at us any different.

most of those bands from the sixties that they look up to as gods in the flesh are just doing a karaoke, homogenized, pasteurized, diluted version of rhythm and blues. i like the stones and the beatles and zeppelin but give me bo diddley and lil richard all day

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
it’s straight prejudice breh. the fact that sly and george just get glazed over as far their contribution to music upsets me. as if they didn’t pioneer a fukkin a genre of music (jb being the godfather)

despite jimi being an alien…I really think if he didn’t have an all white rhythm section and all white management, he wouldn’t be as praised as he is

but we know what it is. i dont expect them to look at us any different.

most of those bands from the sixties that they look up to as gods in the flesh are just doing a karaoke, homogenized, pasteurized, diluted version of rhythm and blues. i like the stones and the beatles and zeppelin but give me bo diddley and lil richard all day

Dap and Rep

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Noel Redding was simply not a good enough bass player to be playing with Jimi Hendrix. I fukk with Mitch Mitchell on the drums but the bass playing on all the Experience records is very weak.