Job application/hunting question

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I was offered a position with a top 10 tech company a few months ago. But I was unable to accept it. I’m a recent graduate with no work experience, but I was a serial cofounder for a few years in college.

Would it help me out if I lowkey bragged about being offered a role with that company during future interviews? Idk if that would make me a better candidate or if it would hurt me because I was offered a role an turned it down.

I’m mainly looking to apply to product development/project management roles. My last resort is consulting.

For context it was an business development (sales) position.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
How far will lying about this get you, especially when exposed? What if you don't have the skills required and they find out?

King

Daps
How far will lying about this get you, especially when exposed? What if you don't have the skills required and they find out?
It’s not a lie I actually got an offer for that position with that company.

That’s kind of why I feel like I should leave it out because people will assume that I’m pump faking.

To add on, I’d kind of bring it up just to show that this big company saw something in me for x position, but I turned it down because I would be much better suited for y position. So that’s why I’m applying for y position with a your company.

Sort of like a little bump to make the hiring people look a little harder at me if they’re unsure.

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
It’s not a lie I actually got an offer for that position with that company.

That’s kind of why I feel like I should leave it out because people will assume that I’m pump faking.

To add on, I’d kind of bring it up just to show that this big company saw something in me for x position, but I turned it down because I would be much better suited for y position. So that’s why I’m applying for y position with a your company.

Sort of like a little bump to make the hiring people look a little harder at me if they’re unsure.
By lying I meant, lying to the company, not bragging that this position was offered.

Just tell them that you still lack certain skills, but are willing to learn these skills. That shows them that you are a good investment to that company.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I was offered a position with a top 10 tech company a few months ago. But I was unable to accept it. I’m a recent graduate with no work experience, but I was a serial cofounder for a few years in college.

Would it help me out if I lowkey bragged about being offered a role with that company during future interviews? Idk if that would make me a better candidate or if it would hurt me because I was offered a role an turned it down.

I’m mainly looking to apply to product development/project management roles. My last resort is consulting.

For context it was an business development (sales) position.
No and I hire people for a living right now

There are only 3 types of questions you ever got to answer

1) can you do the job?
2) do you want this job?
3) will we want to work for you?

You bragging about that job you gave a NO too would make hiring managers question if you want the job they are offering you. Since you are telling them you are picky for whatever reasons and they won’t know how their job even compares to that job.

King

Daps
No and I hire people for a living right now

There are only 3 types of questions you ever got to answer

1) can you do the job?
2) do you want this job?
3) will we want to work for you?

You bragging about that job you gave a NO too would make hiring managers question if you want the job they are offering you. Since you are telling them you are picky for whatever reasons and they won’t know how their job even compares to that job.
That’s what I was thinking