Joe Budden Podcast Episode 299 - That Thang Right

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I really don't get the plant thing, Joe Budden is a plant too. Dude was nothing, signed to Def Jam and then he was on MTV, video games and grammy awards.

On one hand you shyt on labels for not doing artist development and shyt for artists, then when they do, those artists are plants. Labels try this shyt with mad different artists, some stick but most flop. People don't notice because those artist don't blow. If you go and check the labels rosters you'll see mad unknown people. Lizzo was one of the bets they were correct with. And I don't like Lizzo's music and the few times I've heard about her it's been negative as a person as well.

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I see this thread is ok with 2 crackas defending the NFL against kaep :mjpls:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I really don't get the plant thing, Joe Budden is a plant too. Dude was nothing, signed to Def Jam and then he was on MTV, video games and grammy awards.

On one hand you shyt on labels for not doing artist development and shyt for artists, then when they do, those artists are plants. Labels try this shyt with mad different artists, some stick but most flop. People don't notice because those artist don't blow. If you go and check the labels rosters you'll see mad unknown people. Lizzo was one of the bets they were correct with. And I don't like Lizzo's music and the few times I've heard about her it's been negative as a person as well.
To me I can't call Joe a plant just because of the hype he was getting off of Clue tapes and then Focus heated up pretty damn good too. Plus back then all we had to go on in regards to who was hot was magazines, radio, and the buzz in our peer group immediately around us. Plus back then just having that association with that big label played a part in being a big seller.

To me now days a plant is someone who's getting basically mainstream level coverage while being pushed as being an independent artist and any label relationship is hidden. It's basically labels tryin gto push artists as having their hype build organically even though it's a label behind a lot of that push. For the record I don't think Lizzo falls into that either.

I see it as typical label taking a chance on someone and giving them a huge push.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success #1200Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy
Mal is too stupid to be mad at.

None of the shyt they said makes sense.

They saying Colin is trolling

They also kept contradicting themselves.

"Yea the NFL is shady...but do what they say"

"Im with you but I agree with the funny style waiver...im not mad at NFL...the nfl was trying to protect themselves"

The police brutality part wasnt lost by Kaep

He was doing a Know Your Rights Camp a couple weeks ago :laugh:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success #1200Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy
I see this thread is ok with 2 crackas defending the NFL against kaep :mjpls:

No, most of us turned that bullshyt off once Mal starting talking :laugh:

I just went back and listened and it's the same bullshyt talking point with added circular logic

They understand that the NFL was being dirty and Kaep wants to play. But, he should've done everything they asked even though they were acting in bad faith.

They will continue to watch, but, they don't like Kaep calling the NFL corrupt and still wanting to play.

Kaep went all the way to ATL just to troll (they obvsiously just read tweets out of sequence because this was explained by Mike Florena and Howard Bryant) and it was HIM who wasn't giving the NFL proper notice.

And they didn't even mention 7 TEAMS followed Kaep to the high school to watch (I cut it off when they started talking about Amanda Seales crazy ass)

Look, man, it's the Hov bias. They've been waiting for a way to blame Kaepernick, now it's his fault we don't talk about police brutality anymore and he's jsut trolling :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
the-game-born-2-rap.jpg

The Game is a damn cornball :deadmanny::snoop: