Josh Brolin to Play Thanos in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Avengers’ Sequel

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
People said the same shyt about Venom in "Spider Man 3". :mjlol:

I'm sure Marvel ain't that stupid though.

Fred.
I don't even consider that piece of garbage a film :scusthov: dude was a terrible venom whoever casted him should be shot. His career has yet to recover. Brolin got the look down at least and we KNOW he's a good actor.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:leon:

I swear they would cast Michael Shannon tho, cause that Thanos render looks like the dude.

Eh, still a good cast tho.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Josh Brolin to Play Thanos in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Avengers’ Sequel
josh-brolin-thanos.jpg

May 30, 2014 | 12:42PM PT
Justin Kroll

Film Reporter @krolljvar
Josh Brolin has been tapped to play the villainous Thanos in Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy,” sources confirm to Variety.

Thanos, who first appeared in the post-credits scene in “The Avengers,” is a major villain in the Marvel universe and is also expected to appear in one, if not both, of the upcoming “Avengers” sequels.

“We’re definitely tied to ‘Avengers 3,’” director James Gunn recently said of the upcoming “Guardians of the Galaxy,” which hits theaters Aug. 1.

Co-starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper, “Guardians” is based on the Marvel comic series and tells the story of a superhero team fighting to save the world in the 31st century.

Latino Review first broke the Brolin news.

Why they take out this brother for a role he might be better suited for
thanos1.png

Damn brotha couldn't even keep his job. I like Brolin as an actor but why did this guy get replaced? Cause he's unknown? This role could of changed his career.

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
I agree. Thought Thanos was already casted.
Thanos is a big dude, wouldn't it have made more sense to cast him that way.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Damn..... I kinda figure they weren't gonna keep the 1st guy.... Feel sad for him but wow! This is an interesting choice.

It's crazy how years ago serious actors didn't wanna touch super hero movies and now more and more all want a piece of a franchise

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Damn..... I kinda figure they weren't gonna keep the 1st guy.... Feel sad for him but wow! This is an interesting choice.

It's crazy how years ago serious actors didn't wanna touch super hero movies and now more and more all want a piece of a franchise
talk to me when either depp, cruise or pitt do it cuz all the ppl that are touching it now are either current gen actors (who lets face it will do anything just to say look at me i'm versatile) or vets trying to restore their career

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
talk to me when either depp, cruise or pitt do it cuz all the ppl that are touching it now are either current gen actors (who lets face it will do anything just to say look at me i'm versatile) or vets trying to restore their career

You never know with Depp.... I mean the dude did Pirates..... Doing this wouldn't be that far off.

Pitt and Cruise???

Well there was an article that stated in the 80's or 90's Cruise been tried to get on board make an Ironman movie but it feel through and Mr Brad Fight Club & Snatch Pitt.... If the story makes sense wouldn't be out of character to him

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
@Roman Brady

Just in case you didn't believe me due to lack of link.... Peep this

Tom Cruise Was Almost Iron Man, and 5 Other Wild Hollywood Audition Tape Stories - PolicyMic

Actually a lot of sites documented it but this was just one of the 1st I came across regarding Tom and Ironman.

And my bad I was off.... I thought he wanted to do it back then but maybe it was for this current era
yeah I knew all about the tome cruise thing it was around the late 90s early 00s but like I said once those titans of hollywood past/present (kinda) throw their name in the hat then we can say "oh shyt". Peeps like diesel, bradley cooper or brolin I wouldn't really call what they are doin "doin a comicbased movie"

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
yeah I knew all about the tome cruise thing it was around the late 90s early 00s but like I said once those titans of hollywood past/present (kinda) throw their name in the hat then we can say "oh shyt". Peeps like diesel, bradley cooper or brolin I wouldn't really call what they are doin "doin a comicbased movie"

Not a comic book based movie?

Von is a tree, Bradley is a racc00n, and Brolin is a Titan all from comic books..... You kinda missed with that one