Just Spoke to Rashidi's Manager...

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
...and apparently he spoke to Al Haymon yesterday. Said he was surprised to receive the call in the first place. Said Al was a nice mild mannered and respectful guy who congratulated him for Rashidi's performance and said he was impressed. Told him forget about the rematch, let's try to make a fight with Thurman so that Rashidi can get himself right back in the picture.

The immediate question that comes to my mind is what about Spence v Thurman? If Thurman v Ellis is made who will Spence fight next? Does he go str8 into a Bud fight OR is he emboldened enough to fight Boots after his recent less than impressive performance? Hmmm...

UPDATE: THURMAN HAS INSTEAD SIGNED TO FACE SPENCE IN APRIL AT 154 LBS

Last edited:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
...and apparently he spoke to Al Haymon yesterday. Said he was surprised to receive the call in the first place. Said Al was a nice mild mannered and respectful guy who congratulated him for Rashidi's performance and said he was impressed. Told him forget about the rematch, let's try to make a fight with Thurman so that Rashidi can get himself right back in the picture.

The immediate question that comes to my mind is what about Spence v Thurman? If Thurman v Ellis is made who will Spence fight next? Does he go str8 into a Bud fight OR is he emboldened enough to fight Boots after his recent less than impressive performance? Hmmm...
Terrence don't want to fight Spence unless he sees the entire transaction history and paystubs of everybody under the pbc umbrella, boots may be too big for 147, or he just finally fought someone who wasn't gonna stand there and receive punishment...either way Spence is hurting whoever he gets in the ring with.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Villa was just speaking in the moment of the night, I don't see why he or Sampson would want to run it back with Ellis when that was the IBF eliminator. Villa gets whooped by Boots imo but you might as well move forward with that fight instead of fighting Ellis again.