Kendrick's new album sounds like debt collection background music

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
good album I probably wont go back to it though

Kendrick makes music for kids and the new generation to find out about "pain" lol

Kendrick never connected with me because he doesnt reinvent the wheel...he's better than whats out today but still average to me
when you hear scarface, nas, 2pac, biggie, jay, bone, twista, kanye, common, outkast, ice-t, dj quik, snoop .... the music has personality

kendrick makes music to me as what a person thinks things are like ... similar to drake and them
he just spouts tales of shyt he heard about and states the obvious

obviously there's artistic songs and great pieces like the tranny shyt and his molestation etc
but he usually just falls back into stating the obvious and being very surface level deep

he's like "chicken spot and church on every corner... my mama turned her cheek to my cousin getting beat.... seen my friend go down the wrong path and be a patsy to murder"
its like yeah okay who cares. this isnt new or deep information ... there's no meat on the bone (pause) he's not really rapping about the reality ... he's rapping around the reality ... he just reverts back into listing problems which is the easiest shyt you can do really. Drake does the same shyt to me. I would rather hear you rap about "Why" rather than "What" ... anyone over a certain age knows "what"

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
*Turns phone sideways*
*Sees OP and his cronies are deep in the red*
* Isn't surprised in the slightest*

Rep is Always a red dead giveaway the poster is some bullshyt.

Every single time

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kendrick makes music for kids and the new generation to find out about "pain" lol

Kendrick never connected with me because he doesnt reinvent the wheel...he's better than whats out today but still average to me
when you hear scarface, nas, 2pac, biggie, jay, bone, twista, kanye, common, outkast, ice-t, dj quik, snoop .... the music has personality

kendrick makes music to me as what a person thinks things are like ... similar to drake and them

obviously there's artistic songs and great pieces like the tranny shyt and his molestation etc
but he usually just falls back into stating the obvious and being very surface level deep

he's like "chicken spot and church on every corner... my mama turned her cheek to my cousin getting beat.... seen my friend go down the wrong path and be a patsy to murder"
its like yeah okay who cares. this isnt new or deep information ... there's no meat on the bone (pause) he's not really rapping about the reality ... he's rapping around the reality ... he just reverts back into listing problems which is the easiest shyt you can do really. Drake does the same shyt to me. I would rather hear you rap about "Why" rather than "What" ... anyone over a certain age knows "what"

Facts…

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps

The thing about it is he used the exact same generic formula on TPAB and decided, hmm, how about we run it back lmao. And his fans still lapping it up :russ::russ::russ:

Daps
Yes
Because most of yall are emotionally bankrupt, conspicuous consumers. But hes come to collect on yo favorite rapper
Be afraid.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps

You typed all that then called Kendrick surface level .

Kendrick does tell you his short comings and exactly why he feels the way he does .

You don’t listen to his music at all .

Drake is the exact meaning of what you typed .

He blamed all the bytches he fukked for why he acts like a teenage at his age .
A song like Jaded tells you exactly what kind of artist drake is .

Come on :beli:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I’m curious as to how this is going to perform on a tour.

It’s scary hearing all the black community resonate & enjoying with “we cry together” that shyt is not normal. I feel like I’m the only one that was turned off by that track.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: QBN

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I'm definitely not gonna make it through this whole snooze fest of an album. The fact I see some you saying you spinning this multiple times is hilarious. No respectable rap fan would have this album on repeat status It's awful
I'm definitely not gonna make it through this whole snooze fest of an album. The fact I see some you saying you spinning this multiple times is hilarious. No respectable rap fan would have this album on repeat status It's awful

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It's a cheat code at this point:
1. Use some weird or jazzy beats
2. Add some quick-fire, rappity rap
3. Lay down some esoteric lyrics that need rap genius for someone to fully understand

Do some combination of the above and people will claim your genius is just beyond all of us. But they'll only do that if you had some previous actual hits. If you do all this on your first album, nobody's gonna listen.

The older I get the more I appreciate how hard it is to just write a catchy hook. I used to look down on that shyt man. These days I still want some depth in my lyrics, but it's gotta be music first and foremost.
And it’s obvious Kendrick took this route because he doesn’t trust his ability to write catchy hooks

QBN

All Star
Daps
I’m curious as to how this is going to perform on a tour.

It’s scary hearing all the black community resonate & enjoying with “we cry together” that shyt is not normal. I feel like I’m the only one that was turned off by that track.
Agreed. We Cry Together is unlistenable...I get the whole trauma dysfunction theme, but for an artist of his stature to have "fukk you bytch, nah fukk you nikka" as a "hook" is just inexcusable...