Kerbal Space Program 2 (Early Access on February 24, 2023)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
MediumUnevenKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I have maybe 45 minutes to an hour under my belt. It's early access so there are bugs. If you're new to KSP then hold off for a while. If you've played comfortably the. You just have to decide if performance issues are a deal breaker. I like what I'm seeing so far but it's a long road ahead. they need to reintroduce some features that didn't carry forward, and they need to optimize heavily.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
How much of an improvement is this over KSP 1? Steam reviews don't look very good. I've been getting back into KSP 1 and didn't even realize a sequel was out.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
How much of an improvement is this over KSP 1? Steam reviews don't look very good. I've been getting back into KSP 1 and didn't even realize a sequel was out.
Wait a while. Things aren't in the best of shape. The bones are there, it just needs time to grow. There is fun to be had but you have to work around bugs and performance issues. I'd take the reviews with a bottle of salt because a bunch of people are trying to play KSP2 on a TI-83 and wondering why the performance is bad. Also a ton of them are butt hurt about the early access price being $50, seemingly unable to understand that Take Two has full intentions of bumping the price to $70 for the release version. Personally I need some quality of life things back like the transfer planning stuff, and some missing information in the VAB. But people are comfortably reaching each celestial body and flexing their creativity.