Kevin Nash vs The New Blood (Gauntlet Match) - Nitro 6/5/00

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
We all know that WCW 2000 was a mess (though probably still better than 1999), but this match was so damn funny and chaotic. The restart button had already been hit, and here we have Kevin Nash (who may have still been the booker based on how this went) facing various New Blood members. Russo had just come off of winning a cage match against Ric Flair (which could also be a thread of it's own, but I'll hold off), which is why he's still covered in "blood" (which is another story), and he makes this stipulation for Nash, I think it may have been a title opportunity or something. The crowd is scorching hot here, and the commentary here is unbelievable, particularly Tony Schiavonie. He is selling this like it is Starrcade plus Wrestlemania :laff::laff: the match itself, you will be laughing like crazy. There's points where Nash isn't even pinning people and the ref is still counting :dead:and Schiavonie is acknowledging that as if that's part of the stipulation itself. Disco Inferno, Rey Mysterio, Johnny The Bull & Vito, and some others are part of the gauntlet before it all breaks down. Juventud is also supposed to be apart of it as well, but he just says F it and runs away:mjlol: but he also wasn't even in actual ring gear, he's dressed like a 1998 Justin Timberlake. Enjoy this lovable Smackdown Slobberknocker mode-like mess.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I vaguely remember this. It felt like they reset that company 100 times from the Fingerpoke of Doom until the last Nitro.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I remember this. Late WCW is a preview of the dumb shyt we'd see in TNA and PG Era for the next decade. Pioneer oh pioneer :snoop:
Oh and hearing Tony refer to WCW as sports entertainment is:scust: