"Larry Holmes of NBA champs" - Simmons

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
But would have used Holmes as an example at all of it weren't for SOHH & 2Pac?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
But would have used Holmes as an example at all of it weren't for SOHH & 2Pac?
I'd have to lean towards yeah...he's a sportwriter writing a piece on NBA history comparing the '89 Pistons to Larry Holmes as underrated placeholder greats overshadowed by being bookended by more gloried all time great dynasties (Laker/Celtics & Bulls) and heavyweight boxing legends (Ali & Tyson) respectively...i mean, Larry Holmes IS a historical sports figure, not like that pac line brought him into pop culture consciousness

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'd have to lean towards yeah...he's a sportwriter writing a piece on NBA history comparing the '89 Pistons to Larry Holmes as underrated placeholder greats overshadowed by being bookended by more gloried all time great dynasties (Laker/Celtics & Bulls) and heavyweight boxing legends (Ali & Tyson) respectively...i mean, Larry Holmes IS a historical sports figure, not like that pac line brought him into pop culture consciousness

Exactly. Most boxing enthusiasts was an all-time great he just didn't have the charisma or opponents to place them as high on the all-time list. Same as the Pistons. Like Holmes when they beat the previous dynasties (Ali and Celtics/Lakers) they were considered old or past their primes. When the got took out by the new generation (Tyson/Bulls) that just took away all their credibility.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Simmons catch a lot of heat for that homer shyt, but his bball knowledge is on point. That article he wrote on the Warriors was pure ether. Even Jamal didn't take that many L's.

That is because he tries so fukking hard to get respect from Bob Ryan and Jackie McMullen (the two most knowledgeable basketball writers probably alive). He is such a pop culture whore I can't even get through his articles.