Law School and Other Legal Discussion.

Daps
This is all speculation, and respectfully somewhat elitist. Unless you completed your degree at an online law school, I don’t think it’s fair to make these assumptions. During Covid wasn’t everyone Learing through zoom for a good portion of the academic year? There are actually ABA approved online law schools.

Below is the link to one

That aside, there are plenty of law grads who completed their degrees through online/non ABA approved programs and apprenticeships, successfully completed the bar exam and are competent attorneys. One of the law schools I’m considering is NWCU. The university has an entire alumni page of competent attorneys.

This alumni passed both California (passed baby and full bar on first attempt) and Wisconsin bar exam (click working link)

I appreciate that you had your own experience through law school, but that’s your experience, and shouldn’t be projected as the only experience. In my opinion, the more opportunities available for people to change their lives and pursue their goals, the better.

Blessed day to you.

Na man. This is based on years of experience as a lawyer and professor. If you want to get the degree go ahead. I’m telling you what the realities of the profession are. You’re welcome to do what that information whatever you want. But don’t cop an attitude because I’m not telling you what you want to hear.

I’m also going to strongly suggest you check bar passage rates and employment outcomes for the non-ABA la schools before investing any money in the venture. And I know you said you wanna go for the knowledge, but you also mentioned using the JD to teach. Think about why you’re actually wanting to go.

As I and the other poster said, your mind seems made up. No practicing lawyer is going to validate what it appears you’re set on doing. I wish you the best of luck and hope you become the exception that people throw in my face as someone who made it work against incredible odds.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Na man. This is based on years of experience as a lawyer and professor. If you want to get the degree go ahead. I’m telling you what the realities of the profession are. You’re welcome to do what that information whatever you want. But don’t cop an attitude because I’m not telling you what you want to hear.

I’m also going to strongly suggest you check bar passage rates and employment outcomes for the non-ABA la schools before investing any money in the venture. And I know you said you wanna go for the knowledge, but you also mentioned using the JD to teach. Think about why you’re actually wanting to go.

As I and the other poster said, your mind seems made up. No practicing lawyer is going to validate what it appears you’re set on doing. I wish you the best of luck and hope you become the exception that people throw in my face as someone who made it work against incredible odds.
That’s the point though…I never asked you or anyone else for any advice. I’ve specifically pointed out alumni from a non ABA online school, and listed approved ABA online JD programs on the ABA site, yet you continue to dismiss all which is very bizarre.

Again, blessed day to you.

Daps
Interesting thread. I’m flirting with the idea of attending a non ABA online law school. I have no intention of practicing law, but since the degree is cheap and I can study in my own time, I might as well get the knowledge and another degree.

That’s the point though…I never asked you or anyone else for any advice. I’ve specifically pointed out alumni from a non ABA online school, and listed approved ABA online JD programs on the ABA site, yet you continue to dismiss all which is very bizarre.

Again, blessed day to you.

If you didn’t want advice, what was the point in posting in this thread in the first place?

And me pointing out how the things you’re looking at are the exceptions to the rule isn’t me being dismissive. It’s your optimism vs 2 lawyers telling you what it looks like in actual practice. I’m a big believer in informed consent.

So, right now, I challenge you to show me the bar passage rates and employment rates of the top 3 online schools you’re considering.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you didn’t want advice, what was the point in posting in this thread in the first place?

And me pointing out how the things you’re looking at are the exceptions to the rule isn’t me being dismissive. It’s your optimism vs 2 lawyers telling you what it looks like in actual practice. I’m a big believer in informed consent.

So, right now, I challenge you to show me the bar passage rates and employment rates of the top 3 online schools you’re considering.
Didn’t I specifically say I have no intention on taking the bar exam or practicing law?
Didn’t I specifically post the LinkedIn of an Alum from the school I’m considering who passed the Cal bar exam the first time, and a list of alumni?

Just to clarify, below is my first post in this thread;

Interesting thread. I’m flirting with the idea of attending a non ABA online law school. I have no intention of practicing law, but since the degree is cheap and I can study in my own time, I might as well get the knowledge and another degree.

Daps
Didn’t I specifically say I have no intention on taking the bar exam or practicing law?
Didn’t I specifically post the LinkedIn of an Alum from the school I’m considering who passed the Cal bar exam the first time, and a list of alumni?

Just to clarify, below is my first post in this thread;

Good luck

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What issues if you don’t mind? Or DM if you don’t wanna out yourself
The first was on the applicability of state nuisance law to local nuisance issues where there was some conflicting law + improperly granted 12b6.
The second was the applicability of the CARES Act to eviction proceedings - what should have been a straightforward plain-meaning interpretation of federal law became almost three years of litigation.

amicus issue was whether public records requests applied to quasi-public organizations.

Daps
The first was on the applicability of state nuisance law to local nuisance issues where there was some conflicting law + improperly granted 12b6.
The second was the applicability of the CARES Act to eviction proceedings - what should have been a straightforward plain-meaning interpretation of federal law became almost three years of litigation.

amicus issue was whether public records requests applied to quasi-public organizations.

Good shyt. Congrats!