Lawn lookin like your sh1t abondoned unappreciation

BigAggieLean.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
One of the things, I hate about being a home owner keeping up that lawn.

I have to make time to do it, then when my neighbors mow theirs and mine still looking like shyt I have to push myself to go do it.
Man, the other day I was talking with one of my neighbors and he mentioned how he got his house pressure washed. I think he was hinting at me that I needed to get mine done lol. Called the people that evening to have them come out and do the job.

But yea, for me, it’s hard keeping up with the lawn when the season starts up. Once I get going, I’m good. I usually get into the swing of it late May, early June. Speaking of, I need to cut some branches off the tree in my front yard. Gotta do that shyt Saturday as well.

BigAggieLean.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
at an old house I left the grass (backyard) long enough that it literally came up to my knees smh…luckily it was a small yard (fenced in so the neighbors couldn’t really see it)….took me like 2-3 to cut that shyt when I finally did :mjlol:
My backyard about like that now :mjcry:

I just hope when I get back there Saturday, I don’t run into a snake. A couple years ago I found a baby moccasin. Got my shovel and killed that sucka quick. That whole summer I was worried the mama was around somewhere.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Got seed-dropping trees over my lawn and thus fukking my shyt up.

Done weed/ feed and put down fresh seeds intermittently; all centered around the rain that drops. Outside of that, I water every morning. It's coming along but:damn: it takes forever.:wow:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I mean honestly, "lawns" in America are a by-product of British colonialism, Britain has wide open lawns because the temperature never gets that hot and it's moist damn near all year round. People in Los Angeles have lawns lol where it's practically arid and dry, it's better to replace your lawn with xeriscape or using whatever is the natural grass/foliage of the area.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, fukk my lawn. Somebody come cut my shyt cause I don't feel like cutting this shyt. Bout to have someone in the neighborhood do it.

Can't wait for summer to burn all this grass.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I'm still struggling with my joint. At my last home (townhome) the grass was taken care of. Now, out here, I got just under an acre. And being new construction, I had no idea what awaited me in the back. We moved into the house in January of last year, and so when spring came around, I noticed more weeds than grass. And walking around, there was spots where nothing was growing. I dug up a lot of loose wood and other crap that apparently the builder just threw some construction grade soil over. They at least laid down sod in the front. We got a breh who comes through every other week to mow the grass. I think he does like 75% of the homes in our subdivision. But I want to eventually get to a point where I can manage it myself. My plan is to get some stuff that will kill all the weeds, and then in September, have someone come through and power rake or aerate the yard. Then I'll lay down some soil, seed and fertilizer and see where that takes me.

Any tips you experienced brehs can lend would be greatly appreciated. :myman: