LB Shaquil Barrett's 2-year-old daughter drowns in pool.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm terrified of this. Drowning, falls, or the stories about a car backing up over a toddler.

You clearly don't have kids. I'm damn near psychotic level helicoptering around my little girl and yet there are always gaps. No matter how possible you think it is to cover every single possible outcome, it's really not.

That's not to say that most accidents aren't on the parents' head. But "ALWAYS" is a ridiculous claim. It's just not humanely possible to maintain that level of perfection around unpredictable little kids.
Either way the parents will ALWAYS carry the burden, guilt and blame no matter what anyone else says to them or about them. They will always feel it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Either way the parents will ALWAYS carry the burden, guilt and blame no matter what anyone else says to them or about them. They will always feel it.

I agree with that. When my little girl was just one year old, she got a serious concussion from slipping in the shower with my wife. Started having seizures and went unconscious, for the first 15 minutes I thought she was dying. I literally had to jump on the back of my friend's motorcycle flying through the streets to the emergency room with my little girl having seizures in my hands. She came out of it okay (within probably 2 hours of the incident we were pretty sure she was going to make it without lasting damage), and there was so little I could have done to prevent it. But I was incredibly stressed about her safety for years afterwards and now, three years later, that shyt STILL traumatizes me.

You can't ever control everything. Having a child teaches you that lesson more than anything else. Just because "it didn't happen to you" doesn't mean it couldn't happen to you. Maybe it happened to someone else because they were negligent, but maybe it happened just because a 1 in 1000 tragedy struck for them during that tiny moment in time when their guard slipped, and a hundred similar slips happened in your life but you never were unlucky enough to lose the lottery.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Devastating news. This does seem to happen a lot with people with pools at home.

May they have the strength to endure such a devastating loss.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something that family will never recover from. Prayers are with them and the little angel that lost her life. No parent should go through the pain of burying their child.
Gonna go ahead and rebuke this energy. This family WILL recover and get past this. God bless.