[Leak] Elden Ring trailer has been seen in select groups.Update: it’s real :krs:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you ever played a Souls game? That's the whole gameplay loop

I get what they're saying with no weapon variety. I think the prosthetics and skills can give a pretty good advantage a lot of times when used and add variety, but that's not as highly regarded as just having different attack patterns and range by some ppl, and it requires a different commitment

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Have you ever played a Souls game? That's the whole gameplay loop

But i can use different kinds of magic, bare handed, 15 kinds of weapons, shyt even a shield.

Sekiro is very arcade-like, in that you have one main weapon, so you can’t just decide to go ranged on a boss, or tank hits.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But i can use different kinds of magic, bare handed, 15 kinds of weapons, shyt even a shield.

Sekiro is very arcade-like, in that you have one main weapon, so you can’t just decide to go ranged on a boss, or tank hits.

Your not making a very good point here. Souls like games Sekiro included you can use whatever weapons and gear you want because those things matter very little. What matters is reflexes, understanding of iframes, and understanding of boss attack patterns. Gear and all that other shyt in the regular dark souls do nothing more than increase or decrease the time it takes to kill bosses.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Your not making a very good point here. Souls like games Sekiro included you can use whatever weapons and gear you want because those things matter very little. What matters is reflexes, understanding of iframes, and understanding of boss attack patterns. Gear and all that other shyt in the regular dark souls do nothing more than increase or decrease the time it takes to kill bosses.

That’s what makes it arcade like, its more about twitch/reflexes and less about builds. Some of us prefer the role playing mechanics of souls because it gives you variety, its not just defense and offense its play style.

I don’t have to square up with a boss and parry them to death, although that is an option. That is literally the only way to play sekiro.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s what makes it arcade like, its more about twitch/reflexes and less about builds. Some of us prefer the role playing mechanics of souls because it gives you variety, its not just defense and offense its play style.

What I'm saying is all souls games are like that. All of them can be tackled with good reflexes, iframe knowledge, and boss pattern gameplay. The gear and leveling in the regular souls game is a glossy effect that really doesn't impact shyt. Which is why Sekiro stripping down that bullshyt system and doubling down on the reflex portion is why it's the premier product in the FromSoftware lineup.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What I'm saying is all souls games are like that. All of them can be tackled with good reflexes, iframe knowledge, and boss pattern gameplay. The gear and leveling in the regular souls game is a glossy effect that really doesn't impact shyt. Which is why Sekiro stripping down that bullshyt system and doubling down on the reflex portion is why it's the premier product in the FromSoftware lineup.

Yes, but you can still kill bosses multiple ways. Reflexes and Iframe knowledge is important but it’s literally the only thing that matters with Sekiro. Not ALL of us like that aspect of Sekiro.

Some of us like the fact that we can gain levels, cheese with items, fire spells, sorcery, hide behind shields, or learn how to be a parry master. There is VARIETY you are arguing for the lack of variety. If you prefer to play that way thats cool, but thats not why people love dark souls games

And dark souls has a built in easy mode which is summoning.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
those things matter very little.
I disagree. Sure you can get good enough to SL1 run a souls game with a starting weapon not upgraded and no armor on. But that doesn't mean they don't matter. A less skilled player could level to the point of 3 shotting a boss, that changes everything.

Gear and all that other shyt in the regular dark souls do nothing more than increase or decrease the time it takes to kill bosses.

giphy.gif