Left Field Music Review

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Alright, so I made my first post on The-Coli's blog, reviewing Liars' latest record:

Left Field Music Review: Liars- WIXIW - The Coli

Ostensibly, this thread is for comments on the article, but I also want some feedback on ideas I have about this "reviewing non-Hip-Hop records" thing.

I envision "Left Field Music Review" to be 2 things: 1). Communal, so if you have a review of a record, just use that title, since there's not a section for it (my article got posted in the Hip-Hop-->Reviews section of the site) as well as 2). Only one part of what the alternative music presence should be.

Now, yes, this is a hip-hop board first in terms of music, and everything else will file in behind it, but I see no reason why other forms of music (R&B, Jazz, Soul, Funk, Indie, Dubstep, etc.) can't have a presence here as well.

Therefore, I suggest 3, maybe 4, parts of the Left Field section of the site:

1). Left Field Music Review: Reviews for albums that have come out within the calendar year. We can have end of the year album lists and the like here as well. Anyone can post here, it's not just my domain.
2). Left Field Singles Review: Reviews for singles that have come out within the calendar year. Same as LFMR.
3). Special Session: For EPs, Compilations, articles, opinion pieces and all that other miscellany. Again, communal.
4). Strictly Leakage: For leaked albums before their release date. This is the one I'm not so sure about, as this could easily be folded into the Left Field Music Review. What do you guys think about this?

This is all unofficial of course. bk probably isn't going to organize anything officially until later, and even then probably after the Hip-Hop forum, so this is just a suggestion of a way to organize articles internally for now.

What are your suggestions? Suggestions for the titles? Should we even do this at all? Also, what are your thoughts on the article?

Comment away.