Let's talk about the way they be portrayin' us in animation....

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...and similar mediums.

Anyone here familiar with animation knows that this is another place that cacs (and sometimes the japanese who take after cacs with cac worship) try to shyt on us on the slick.

You look at the way they draw "black" characters and you can see what they're going for. :dwillhuh:

I also find it funny that we also get the most restrictions too in how "black" characters are drawn...go figure (need more proof, go ask cacs the "ethnicity" of Yoruichi from Bleach :aicmon: ).

I can only think of like a few good examples that are done right and don't look like some 20's blackface steez.

Off the top, Michael Caesar from the Boondocks comic strip (and hopefully he makes his appearance in the series) comes to mind.

Caesar_6704.gif

As a matter of fact, the whole Boondocks series, really is done with respect and doesn't invoke images of negative stereotypes associated with otherwise beautiful black people that most other animation mediums like the portray about us. Consequently enough, the series was created by a black artist. :ohhh: (also, see Afro Samurai and more recently Black Dynamite as more good examples of it done with respect).

Just another example of how cac American media tries it's damndest to "uglify" black people across the world and spread it to other societies (and has for a LONG time).

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black guy in one piece
Kuzan_Infobox.png

static shock
Static_Shock_%28TV_Series%29.jpg

soul reaper in bleach
226605-kaname_tosen_large.jpg

token
token-black.jpg

avengers_earths_mightiest_heroes_agent_hill_shield_uber_jerk.jpg

black-lagoon2.jpg

Babo.gif

i can't think of anything offensive, apart from the old cartoons.

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:obama: Not bad.

Them last two a lil suspect, but it's progress at least.

I remember Static growing up actually. Problem with black super heroes is that cacs will scream "affirmative action hero" all the time. :comeon:

You got Cyborg from Teen Titans too and now Aqualad:

Kaldur%27ahm_2016.png

Prior to that post, I thought all we had goin' for us (at least in anime) was Mr. Popo. :whew:

I still fukks with DBZ though, but still, fukk was they thinkin? :wtf:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The black guy from Bleach turned into a huge queen when he "transformed" and kind of killed his coolness for me.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I don't see any problem with how black cartoon characters are drawn in contemporary animation. Post pics of the characters/drawings you have problems with.

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see any problem with how black cartoon characters are drawn in contemporary animation. Post pics of the characters/drawings you have problems with.

I guess you're right in that they've gotten their act straight lately.

As for problems I have, Mr. Popo obviously.

Another example is Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge.

Bob_Makihara.jpg

They got everything right except them blackface-esque lips.

There are examples above that portray the full-lips properly (see Aqualad, Static and the dudes from One Piece and Bleach above for example). shyt is a little stereotypical, IMO.

I still like the character and the series and it's a huge step from what used to be, though.

Also peep the "Blood The Last Vampire" film. Right at the beginning they have a black dude die (first human to die in the movie btw :childplease: ) and he was looking real stereotypical. :aicmon:

Binary

Banned
Daps
We should talk about how we are portrayed in scripted and reality television shows tbh.