ll cool j - "rock the bells" magnum opus

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Had every cassette of his growing up. Use to blast the shyt outta I Can't Live Without My Radio. For some reason Sony decided to re-release Walking With A Panther edited and you could no longer find the PA version.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

I remember reading the lyrics to this a few years ago and being like :damn: at how he was putting all those words together. It's weird because LL came out before the golden age started with Rakim and the rest, but he was already on their level lyrically by the time they debuted.

There's actually a funny story with this song. Run found out about it and said that LL can't use it because they were making "Peter Piper" at the time. "He can't have bells on his song, we have bells on ours." That's why the album version has no bells on it. :dead:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I remember reading the lyrics to this a few years ago and being like :damn: at how he was putting all those words together. It's weird because LL came out before the golden age started with Rakim and the rest, but he was already on their level lyrically by the time they debuted.

There's actually a funny story with this song. Run found out about it and said that LL can't use it because they were making "Peter Piper" at the time. "He can't have bells on his song, we have bells on ours." That's why the album version has no bells on it. :dead:

Ohhhhhh.. thanks for that story. Wow