Looking at "Console Wars"...

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
If Sega of Japan and America had worked together, instead of having differences, would Sega still have been in the console market? What if the Sega Channel actually was heavily focused, instead of being a afterthought like the failed Sega 32X.

This documentary further proves that the higher ups are as moronic and obtuse, as the demographic :francis: . So much money and ideas pissed away as this announcement was the end of the chapter:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I'm fascinated by old hardware and retro gaming. I'll check this out because Sega shouldn't have died the way it did.

The whole doc basically covers the issues involving Sega in itself. If Sega Japan had adapted to the changing times, instead of trying to hold onto the Genesis (Mega Drive) for dear life, the game would be really different. Its like a huge butterfly effect, like if Nintendo had taken that offer from Sony to go the CD route.

Its like progression always gets overlooked, but when somebody takes that chance...the outcome always end up in the favor of the risk-taker.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Sega clearly fukked up. I was gonna say Nintendo did too with the Sony CD stuff, but Nintendo is still going very strong. I'm kinda glad Nintendo forced a Playstation. It gave us some different options. A non-Playstation world would not look so good.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron:Nintendo were feeling themselves during that era. They were literally strong arming developers and had Yakuza backing.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Sega Channel was dope AF. A grad student friend of mine and his wife subscribed to it for their kids. It was straight up Gamepass for the Genesis. At the time (1994/1995) it was somewhere around $15/month, and my friends told me it was a deal compared with buying or renting games. We all played NBA Jam like going out of style. Sega should have definitely leaned in heavy on it. Cable TV back then as was ubiquitous as broadband internet is today.