Mad Men. Need your advice, brehs.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Watched 6 episodes of this shyt. Is it going to be better? Will be there any character development or its a la House and they gonna come up with new ads in the same fukkin office every episode?

I am really trying to like it. :upsetfavre:

But I don't have time for trash bin status entertainment. :birdman:

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lots of character development. It's a pretty subtle show though, so you gotta really pay attention to enjoy it.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
too much girl/boy stuff. shyts like for girls or something. :beli:

and i can't stand peggy. :wtb:

Yeah, it's not gonna be for you breh lol. You could give the first season a try and see if you warm up to it but it's pretty much nothing but character interaction. Conversations are the most exciting things in this show.

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
The whole show is character development. What is it that you don't like about it so far?

its a unique show, but i didnt get the payback from time invested like alot of the HBO dramas..

that was the main problem for me, Tony got wacked in the diner...

and then we got peggy...

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
its a unique show, but i didnt get the payback from time invested like alot of the HBO dramas..

that was the main problem for me, Tony got wacked in the diner...

and then we got peggy...

I feel you. In TV show terms, nothing really happens. If you ask a Mad Men fan for the best scene from the show you'd get something like this:

The seasons don't have climaxes really. There aren't really bang for your buck moments. The enjoyment comes from seeing where the characters you've invested time in end up. It's definitely not for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Season one was very good, so if you aren't looking it, chances are you never will. Either season two or season three gets pretty boring so I wouldn't recommend it to you. However, the current season (season five) has been the best to me, so you may wanna start there, if you wanna give it another shot. The major storyline regarding his identity if pretty much resolved, and you can enjoy this season without having watched the previous.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched 6 episodes of this shyt. Is it going to be better? Will be there any character development or its a la House and they gonna come up with new ads in the same fukkin office every episode?

I am really trying to like it. :upsetfavre:

But I don't have time for trash bin status entertainment. :birdman:

It's not for you then.

Season one was very good, so if you aren't looking it, chances are you never will. Either season two or season three gets pretty boring so I wouldn't recommend it to you. However, the current season (season five) has been the best to me, so you may wanna start there, if you wanna give it another shot. The major storyline regarding his identity if pretty much resolved, and you can enjoy this season without having watched the previous.

:beli: