Mixtapes & EPs Made a beat tape!

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Made a bunch of beats during the Spring, hated it after about a month or so, but I needed to put something out while I work on other stuff, so I finally put it out. It's the first thing I've done seriously in a while. Have a listen!

You can listen to individual tracks on bandcamp

or listen to the whole thing in one go on youtube

Artwork crazy shoddy because I did this on a whim on New Years Eve.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
i actually sat and listened to this joint, very dope my man. i like a lot of joints on here- my favorite is that alvarez beat. that one is so dope to me, those is type of beats i aim to make. liked kevin's vex, need u in my life man you got some quality on here. much respect. love that smooth melodic stuff even with the modern drum styles it came off fire to me.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
bumpin now...so far so
tumblr_pwlbu9rX871xbc9hyo1_500.gifv

coli dropping heat for the near year

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
:damn: Dope

How long did it take you overall to complete. And how did you decide how many tracks to go with.
A little while, the core of the project took about a month. Some of the beats were skeletons, or meat slabs as I like to call them. Not really fleshed out. About 9 or 10 of them were started and finished quite quickly though, I smashed them out one Saturday when I had a rare day off. I didn't leave my room at all :russ:.

I didn't have a plan in mind when I put it together, I just had lots of beats to get out of my system, I was gonna go with about 12 or so, but when I decided to actually do something with them, I chucked a few random ones that I had made just before that Spring to flesh it out. The one called Tickle - that is a beat I actually made for one of the beat competitions on The Tunnel :russ:.

Much appreciation for everyone listening. I'm starting a new project in a short while, it's a weird one so I'll drop a single soon to test the water!

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
A little while, the core of the project took about a month. Some of the beats were skeletons, or meat slabs as I like to call them. Not really fleshed out. About 9 or 10 of them were started and finished quite quickly though, I smashed them out one Saturday when I had a rare day off. I didn't leave my room at all :russ:.

I didn't have a plan in mind when I put it together, I just had lots of beats to get out of my system, I was gonna go with about 12 or so, but when I decided to actually do something with them, I chucked a few random ones that I had made just before that Spring to flesh it out. The one called Tickle - that is a beat I actually made for one of the beat competitions on The Tunnel :russ:.

Much appreciation for everyone listening. I'm starting a new project in a short while, it's a weird one so I'll drop a single soon to test the water!

That's one of my main problems, skeletons and basslines too.

Yo and tickle is one of my favs off of your tape.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
That's one of my main problems, skeletons and basslines too.

Yo and tickle is one of my favs off of your tape.
It's funny, didn't think people would like Tickle all that much but that one and the Bryan Alvarez beat are the ones people like!

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is fukking sick, 4 tracks in gonna let it ride out and come back with some more feedback. The B-lines and use of samples are nice, really fukk with the keys/synths so far, what do u use for these sounds?

Im in the process of making my first project too, im probably 7 tracks deep with half of them being made early last year then I kind of decided to make a tape with them. Heavy on the sampling though so trynna add abit of my own original melodies in there at some point.