Manhattan landlords are rejecting single tenants who don’t make over 160k

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
They don’t even realize that exact same mentality is what made the rents skyrocket in places like Jersey, Westchester Co, LI and even the other boros

Same shyt happened in damn near every other major metropolitan area in the country. People moved to ATL because it was cheaper now ATL is barely affordable.

There was some small town in one of those western states, either Colorado or one of those states out there where people who worked from home moved there to take advantage of the cheap rents and ended up pricing out the locals.
:wow: I member

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
they put NYC median income but borough specific rents, what's the borough specific median incomes? Also, been known for 3 decades now that Manhattan is for those making bank, Harlem was the holdout, which then got gentrified in the late 00's-10's, why is this news? Don't have money, don't live in Manhattan, there are four other boroughs plus the NJ burbs across the river...Manhattan never been an appealing place to live to me anyway, other than the quiet parts of the upper east and west sides
Rental prices are rising in all the other boroughs too - especially if you’re trying to live anywhere desirable. The people are fleeing Manhattan for the other boroughs and causing a rise in rent. The increase for the other areas is probably similar.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
i was talking about them trying to juxtapose the qualifying income of 160k in Manhattan and 116k in BK with a NYC median salary of 67k. They need to share the median/avg salary of Manhattan residents specifically to see how divorced it is from rental requirements. That 67k number takes into account all of the boroughs/all of NYC, which of course skews it down given the Bronx, certain areas of Queens, BK and Staten Island. I'm sure the median salary in Manhattan is close to 100k given who lives there
It was around 93k for a household in 2019 so you’re probably not far off. But even then, we are all like this shyt is doing too much. People out here making 6 figures with roommates because they don’t want an apartment from 1945.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It was around 93k for a household in 2019 so you’re probably not far off. But even then, we are all like this shyt is doing too much. People out here making 6 figures with roommates because they don’t want an apartment from 1945.
i feel your pain, it's the same in the Bay...you paying $2000 for a 1bd in a 1960's building with no laundry :dead:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
AirBnB and companies like it are overinflating the rental market as well as decreasing supply.

There hasn't been a sudden increase in population that justifies what's going on.

AirBnB should be banned. Or heavily regulated, just like liquor licenses.

Technology and the Tech industry kill previously goods/services, but there has to be a line drawn. Ridesharing crippled the taxi industry, but when you're dealing with shelter and the possibility of being homeless or living uncomfortably, that's where the line needs to be drawn.
Companies owning single family residences should be made illegal