Mase Quitting Rap Remains A Tragedy Because If It Came Down To Jigga vs Mason For Top Dog Rights...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It was a tragedy but dude don't tried so many comebacks its crazy. When is he actually gonna put out an album?

Daps
The only thing I remember about Ma$e was that my mom heard one of his songs and said, "Feed you karats 'till you feel like a rabbit? How corny.".

Basically sums up Ma$e. Shout out to my mom for that one.

:mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No one mourned when Mase left because the "shiny suit era" was replaced by the back packer Rawkus era swiftly and by the time he dipped 'shiny suits' were a term used to make fun of MCs like the term 'biter' was in the 80s and 90s.

two different worlds.

people who were big on the new era backpack stuff, generally were never fans of mase to begin with.

mase/bad boy got replaced by people like DMX/ruff ryders, jay-z/rocafella, etc.

the stuff rawkus had going on, was neither here nor there, as it pertained to mase.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps

word imagine LL dumbin down his lyrics so russell simmons could keep up on the mic..

or jay with dame/biggs tryina rap..

thats basically what mase did with puff, went from elite to wack overnight by his own volition..

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
two different worlds.

people who were big on the new era backpack stuff, generally were never fans of mase to begin with.

mase/bad boy got replaced by people like DMX/ruff ryders, jay-z/rocafella, etc.

the stuff rawkus had going on, was neither here nor there, as it pertained to mase.

Incorrect. Mase's album was still selling all the way through when DMX dropped. You also have the Harlem World group album that came in between that, that did solid for a bunch of nobodies and Mase. People were listening to both of them at the same time, the sold units reflect that and I believe they dropped within half a year of each other.

You can't tell me that Mos Def was some obscure Hip Hop artist that people were not rocking with then.

It was the mtv pop fans who only listened to Mase and didn't listen to Mos Def or Talib who were not as poppy but we don't care about non-Hip Hop heads around here, right?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Incorrect. Mase's album was still selling all the way through when DMX dropped. You also have the Harlem World group album that came in between that, that did solid for a bunch of nobodies and Mase. People were listening to both of them at the same time, the sold units reflect that and I believe they dropped within half a year of each other.

You can't tell me that Mos Def was some obscure Hip Hop artist that people were not rocking with then.

It was the mtv pop fans who only listened to Mase and didn't listen to Mos Def or Talib who were not as poppy but we don't care about non-Hip Hop heads around here, right?

im not talking about mtv pop fans. im talking about the average black mase/bad boy fan. rawkus didn't inherit the bad boy audience at all.

mase/bad boy lost their spot to people like DMX, ruff ryders, jay-z, etc.
Im not saying that they instantly abandoned mase when those arists blew up. im simply saying they took mase/bad boy's spot.
and that harlem world group album was not poppin.

I never said rawkus was obscure. youre the one saying all of that. but they weren't as big as youre trying to make them out to be either.