The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Agreed. alt-right terrorists were going to be volatile towards Jacob regardless, he'd simply be an afterthought like Zaeed if he wasn't black.

The concept/issues with Jacob's character is nothing new: whenever devs create a character that's essentially a paragon duplicate of the mc... they either gotta age him up (Captain Anderson), kill him off (Zack in og FF7), or make him significantly boring/lame (Wyll in bg3) so that there's a clear distinction.

It's why the mc in most stories often look like a Mahomes/Brady star QB with his companions mostly women (who all fall in love with him), and any male companions being too old/goofy/nerdy/violent/monstorous/etc to steal his girl or be the real protag. Whereas Jacob was a NFL QB type: young, even-keel, experienced marine, already fukked Miranda, had Kasumi gushing over him, etc.
Seeing them prop up Zaeed when his entire story is just "gotta kill Vido" shows how their criticism of Jacob was bullshyt. I forgot about Kasumi being thirsty over Jacob, she was turning invisible just to spy on him doing sit ups :russ:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing them prop up Zaeed when his entire story is just "gotta kill Vido" shows how their criticism of Jacob was bullshyt. I forgot about Kasumi being thirsty over Jacob, she was turning invisible just to spy on him doing sit ups :russ:

I was surprised that when the remasters came out, and they were busy letting everyone know they were toning down the sexualization of Miranda, that they let that shyt with Kasumi slide. Even back when it originally came out, that was some wild shyt. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
3 > Andromeda > 1 > 2. :myman:
Feel good about yourself?
Loved the trilogy, hated Andromeda
Andromeda gets unnecessary hate, it's not perfect but it's not some abomination like people make it out to be. On another note, I finally started a playthrough as a soldier class and it's the best imo. Being able to use all weapons except SMG in ME2 and all ammo types makes it way more fun. I think that's the class the game is meant to be played on.