Mellow Man Ace Made a Boom Bap Lp That is Banging With a Dilla Tribute on it!

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
Mellow Man Ace in the last 5 years or so has been releasing projects with his son as a producer. His son is no slouch, he's probably one of the dopest newcomers I've heard Believe me, his son is one of the most gifted producers in the game. In fact, I think his son is the best producer that has ever touched his records.

If you like Buckwild,Premier,Dilla,Pete Rock,Black Milk, this is the kind of energy that this kid has.

The intro sort of sets it up what you are about to hear. The flow is :leostare: The lyric interplay:obama:

So it wouldn't be interesting to The Coli if you didn't hear it:

:whew: The drums & basslines on this. MMA has a scathing diss on here toward Sen Dog, the song talks about it in depth. "Who made who & who was who's dancer" This is one of the most personal disses I've heard on record. "Get your ghostwriters & I'm burning em all" Fam, he just goes OFF. :ohhh:

In his fifties & he can still dust the top 5 in Hip hop today on the charts. If you ever wonder what happened to the Mentirosa mc, he let his son teach him about the most exciting musical energies in the culture today & is killing it like never before on a artistic level. :francis: He has 2 mc's on this who are both women (you would never guess who) MC Lyte & Medusa :ohhh: It's a dope project and for such a young kid as a producer, he keeps up with his legendary dad. 3rd Eye Vision :ohlawd: This kid chops up the classic "Fly like a Eagle" break & flips it & he flips "Check the Rhyme" bassline & you wouldn't know unless he revealed it in the intro. Good god, his son is a problem. :lupe:

Pretty amazing that one producer could hold it down like this.The Styles that MMA displays on this. :merchant:

His latest lp, "The Lost Decade" which is equally dope as well. This lp is more influenced with the styles of Brainfeeder-Flying Lotus,Jneiro Jarel. Guests include Dinco D of LONS,Slimkid(Pharcyde),Doodlebug(Digable Planets) Is this fukking real? Yes :ooh: There's a GURU Tribute on here that is. :whew:

So in a surprising twist of events, MMA has come full circle back to the essence.

Check out both of the albums, Coli fam. Yes, this deserves a thread or we can just talk about the same five mc's over & over if you like. :beli:

For you cats new to MMA, you are about to experience one of the GOATS return in fine form. He never did have a sound that could fully display his abilities UNTIL his son stepped in the labs & presented us with this shyt. :whoo:

If you are a Mellow Man Ace fan & you didn't hear this, you are in for a shock to your system, breh. How can this guy not have lost the spark after his deal went sour? :merchant: But MMA is proof that spirit of Hip hop will inspire you when you are your lowest point. :ohlawd:

Listen to these for the weekend & salute the original Bilingual Hip Hop god & original founding member of Cypress Hill :salute: It's hard to believe this is MMA, because he really is making the finest music he has ever put to record, but it is happening & it is crazy to see this mf with this many styles be able to flow like this on this type of musical backdrop. As Big Quint would say "Indeeeeeed" :myman:

IronFist

🎯 𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓽 🎯
Supporter
Daps
that lost decade album was piff. im going to check out the other one