Michael fassbender and David fincher upcoming movie "The killer"

Daps
I liked it.

Cab driver sat there and smoked cigarettes while they brutalized his lady that’s why he got smoked.

Loved the self dialogue and the sitcoms names he used.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
The girlfriend plot point is a bit of a head scratcher. I mean she's the catalyst for The Killer's whole revenge tour but she seems like such an afterthought in the film and she's only in like two scenes tops. But I guess they were really trying to kill him and just roughed her up because she was a ride or die who wouldn't give him up. But really he knew he had to kill them before they got him.

I definitely think the movie is Fincher's commentary on capitalism and his own career in becoming a hired gun for Netflix. I read a good comment on another site that I'll copy and paste here:

"Fincher seems to set his aim at the gig economy. The increasing impersonal nature of our society in a world in which most jobs are farmed off to third party companies who could care less about the quality of the work. It's no coincidence that the place where The Killer goes to orchestrate the first murder is a We-Work. It's why Q-Tip and Florida Man, despite being woefully mismatched, are sent to do a job. No wonder it goes to complete shyt. No one cares about the quality of the work. A running theme is that whenever The Killer encounters the people who tried to kill him, they all deflect responsibility. It's not their faults. They're just doing a job. It's nothing personal. Even murder is just another thing you farm out to."

I also thinks that why The Killer spares the rich man who ordered the first hit at the end. He threatens him but still wants the option of getting future jobs. It's like in the end the money always wins. A 180 from Fight Club where Fincher fantasized about killing capitalism off - in The Killer, nothing can kill capitalism - not even a ruthless killing machine.

Dope

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
7/10

The fight scene was kinda weak

That brute didn’t deserve all that fighting around I would’ve waited for his ass when he got home and tortured him just like they did his girl

Killed the taxi driver but let the dog live :smh:

Disappointed glad I didn’t go see in theaters