Microsoft claims it ‘simply wouldn’t be profitable’ to make Call of Duty Xbox exclusive

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How anticipated is the next elder Scrolls game? Im positive it would have done similar or better than skyrim. fallout 4 did over 12 million in a year, and it's the worst one.

And it took them 5 years to make fallout 4

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MS cares about sales but not really. I've been saying for years even before game pass its more about them being a house hold name that's not associated with computers.

They missed their opportunity with phones by not going all the way in, and they ain't trying to make the same mistake with gaming.

MS wants everyone to sub 1st and buy the games second. Therefore COD will be on other systems along with probably most of blizzards popular titles. DLC early access and things like that will be on Xbox 1st if I had to guess at some point however.

It makes zero sense to cut off sales of physical copies for people that can't, or won't sub to gamepass.

Eventually gamepass becomes too much of a value for people not to just sub, the family plan makes that even more attractive going forward.

If play everywhere and cloud gaming or gamepass wasn't around then yeah 1000 percent as soon as the could they would have made it a exclusive.

But they aren't looking to grow their market share in that way majority.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I want to get the PS5 version of Call of Duty but if Xbox has some exclusive features for the XSX version that might make me regret getting the PS5 version. Dilemma dilemma.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I want to get the PS5 version of Call of Duty but if Xbox has some exclusive features for the XSX version that might make me regret getting the PS5 version. Dilemma dilemma.
once the marketing rights end , those early dlc and beta perks end for sure

That's about it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is the truth, playstation brand is a juggernaut and it always will be. Their worst console sold 90 million units and was considered a low point lol

Not even Nintendo fans are that loyal as they let two of their consoles completely bomb already

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is the truth, playstation brand is a juggernaut and it always will be. Their worst console sold 90 million units and was considered a low point lol

Not even Nintendo fans are that loyal as they let two of their consoles completely bomb already

We all.know this

Also again why they won't pull the series off Playstation. They need the deal to go through