Minimum wage should be $21.68 if government actually raised it

Daps
this makes no sense as such an argument is patently illegal.

What? Nothing that I said warrants any assessment of legality. It's simply a comment to point out the lack of validity in your "2%" argument. You implied that changing minimum wage would impact a small percentage of the population (the 2% currently earning it).

I pointed out that changing the minimum wage has a direct correlation with the amount to which it is raised since anyone currently earning a wage lower than the new minimum wage would have their pay increased.

For example... if the minimum wage was increased to $20. Every hourly worker (generally) currently making under $20 will now make at least $20. And I'm confident that a large portion of the population makes less than $20 per hour... right? Definitely more than 2%

Get it? Is invalidating your argument illegal? lol

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What? Nothing that I said warrants any assessment of legality. It's simply a comment to point out the lack of validity in your "2%" argument. You implied that changing minimum wage would impact a small percentage of the population (the 2% currently earning it).

I pointed out that changing the minimum wage has a direct correlation with the amount to which it is raised since anyone currently earning a wage lower than the new minimum wage would have their pay increased.

For example... if the minimum wage was increased to $20. Every hourly worker (generally) currently making under $20 will now make at least $20. And I'm confident that a large portion of the population makes less than $20 per hour... right? Definitely more than 2%

Get it? Is invalidating your argument illegal? lol
I thought you were doing what others were doing, insinuating people were being paid below MW.

Also, while I understand it would raise wages, what you're doing is just asking for more inflation.

Thats what yall dont get.

This effect only lasts but so long...then you look up in another election cycle and its time to raise it again. It fixed nothing.

Daps
I thought you were doing what others were doing, insinuating people were being paid below MW.

Also, while I understand it would raise wages, what you're doing is just asking for more inflation.

Thats what yall dont get.

This effect only lasts but so long...then you look up in another election cycle and its time to raise it again. It fixed nothing.
You're arguing the wrong point to the wrong person.

But just to play along. Essentially what you're implying is that the only way to prevent overinflation is to limit the amount of cash circulating in the economy (obviously)... to a point where there will always be people being paid wages that alone can't support basic essentials. But with that said, revenues for corporations can continue to skyrocket.

But wouldn't the idea be that we're redistributing the money, not creating more. Smaller margins for the top 1% via corporations. That (in a vacuum of course) should have less effect on inflation than you're suggesting.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You're arguing the wrong point to the wrong person.

But just to play along. Essentially what you're implying is that the only way to prevent overinflation is to limit the amount of cash circulating in the economy (obviously)... to a point where there will always be people being paid wages that alone can't support basic essentials. But with that said, revenues for corporations can continue to skyrocket.

But wouldn't the idea be that we're redistributing the money, not creating more. Smaller margins for the top 1% via corporations. That (in a vacuum of course) should have less effect on inflation than you're suggesting.
What I'm saying is that we should stop framing the talk about MW to equate that to some "normal standard of living"

Daps
What I'm saying is that we should stop framing the talk about MW to equate that to some "normal standard of living"

I don't think it's being framed as equating to a "normal" standard of living. I think people are framing it as equating to a "minimum" standard of living. The issue is that this "minimum" is subjective. Others don't even believe that there is any obligation to support this "minimum" regardless of what it is. That is the true reason for the chasm between both sides.