Moses the EGYPTIAN?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I never knew this about Moses name. He was named after Pagan Egyptian Gods. :jbhmm:

One point for @MMS :ehh:

Maybe @Koichos can explain is it Hebrew or Egyptian name? Or is it really the same difference :yeshrug:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

I never knew this about Moses name. He was named after Pagan Egyptian Gods. :jbhmm:

Maybe @Koichos can explain is it Hebrew or Egyptian name? Or is it really the same difference :yeshrug:

could be this one
source.gif

Exodus 7:1
7 And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Egyptians didnt "disbelieve" anything if you understand the concept of Amun

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
could be this one
source.gif

Exodus 7:1

Egyptians didnt "disbelieve" anything if you understand the concept of Amun

Y’all don’t really believe GOD has a physical face right? :unimpressed:

Unless you’re referring to Jesus :hubie:
Almost forgot about that thread :banderas:

I see you still haven’t solved the “Moses problem” yet MMS. :jbhmm:

In a way I God continually undermines what the pagan religious Gods (demons) try to do.

Gods plays 4D chess while they’re playing Checkers :manny:

Ironically Islam tried to the the same thing to God (of the Bible), but after the fact and too late to count. Plus there are no Muslim or “Arab” prophets in the Bible so :hubie:

You can’t attempt to rewrite history simply because you dont understand it :yeshrug:

Last edited:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Almost forgot about that thread :banderas:

I see you still haven’t solved the “Moses problem” yet MMS. :jbhmm:

In a way I God continually undermines what the pagan religious Gods (demons) try to do.

Gods plays 4D chess while they’re playing Checkers :manny:

Ironically Islam tried to the the same thing to God (of the Bible), but after the fact and too late to count. Plus there are no Muslim or “Arab” prophets in the Bible so :hubie:

You can’t attempt to rewrite history simply because you dont understand it :yeshrug:

whats-the-problem-mark-hoffman.gif

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
Meses/Moses is an Egyptian Name, and has been an Egyptian Name before the Hebrews.

"Rameses" the alleged King of the Exodus Event, was named "Ra-Moses", "Ra-Meses", "Ra-Mesu".

As the vowels weren't written down in Metu Neter "Hieroglyphics", the actual vowels (a,e,i,o,u) used aren't known.

We have King Theuti-Meses/Theuti-Moses "Tuthmoses" of the 18th Dynasty, as well as, who knows how many other people Named "Meses/Moses/Mesu" etc... in "Egypt".

"Messu/Moses etc.." means "Born" / "Born Of" in Metu Neter "Hieroglyphics".

It is not the name of a "God".

Another example is "Kamoses" (Ka-Moses) of the 18th dynasty, who's name means "Born Of Spirit".

Last edited:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Him speaking to God “face to face”

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

B-b-but “no man can see the “father and live”:unimpressed:
who said "no man can see the father?"
giphy.gif

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed.”

Maybe we got it wrong. We give Moses too much credit. :patrice:

“What you don’t see is what you get” :hubie:
Jesus also said you must be born of water and the spirit

and if you dont believe in Moses, I've got some bad news for you

Isaiah 58:1-11​

English Ελληνικά Print
treejesse.jpg

Thus says the LORD: "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up your voice like a trumpet; declare to my people their transgression, to the house of Jacob their sins. Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as if they were a nation that did righteousness and did not forsake the ordinance of their God; they ask of me righteous judgments, they delight to draw near to God. 'Why have we fasted, and thou seest it not? Why have we humbled ourselves, and thou takest no knowledge of it?' Behold, in the day of your fast you seek your own pleasure, and oppress all your workers. Behold, you fast only to quarrel and to fight and to hit with wicked fist. Fasting like yours this day will not make your voice to be heard on high. Is such the fast that I choose, a day for a man to humble himself? Is it to bow down his head like a rush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? Will you call this a fast, and a day acceptable to the LORD?
"Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the thongs of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you, the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, "Here I am."
"If you take away from the midst of you the yoke, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. And the LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your desire with good things, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
His name is Egyptian. They went over it exhaustively in the Netflix docuseries.
@Ty Daniels this applies to you too

see thats the thing though

the english transliteration is "Moses" but the jewish transliteration is "Moshe" or "Moshah"

because there are no vowels his name is spelled with Mem Shin He

whereas names used by egyptians like Ramesses, it is Resh Mem Samekh Vav

So phonetically "Ra Me Su"...which doesnt sound the same

and in the bible Gilead is at war with Ephraimites (a Tribe of Joseph) that could not discern between Sibboleth and Shibboleth (Samekh and Shin)

And the Gileadites took the passages of Jordan before the Ephraimites: and it was so, that when those Ephraimites which were escaped said, Let me go over; that the men of Gilead said unto him, Art thou an Ephraimite? If he said, Nay; Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.

— Judges 12:5–6[11]

Bonus:
Come let me tell thee of other towns, which are above(??) them. Thou hast not gone to the land of Kadesh, Tekhes, Kurmeren, Temenet, Deper, Idi, Herenem. Thou hast not beheld Kirjath-anab and Beth-Sepher. Thou dost not know Ideren, nor yet Djedpet. Thou dost not know the name of Kheneredj which is in the land of Upe, a bull upon its boundary, the scene of the battles of every warrior. Pray teach me concerning the appearance(?) of Kin; acquaint me with Rehob; explain Beth-sha-el and Tereqel. The stream of Jordan, how is it crossed? Cause me to know the way of crossing over to Megiddo which is above it(??).

— Papyrus Anastasi I, p. XIX[7]

Egyptians had issues with the Jordan river for some reason :jbhmm: I know the secret but im not telling. Only someone who is a true biblical scholar

Last edited:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
Actually, it is a neutral Egyptian word (though it would normally have been prefixed by the name of one of the many Egyptian deities).

The name ‘Mοsheh’ ultimately derives from Egyptian, and through a kind of play on words is connected to the Hebrew root-verb משׁה mashah 'to draw up/out (of water)' in ParashatSh'mοt’ 2:10, reflecting a remark that was made at the time of baby Mοsheh’s weaning:
וַַתִִּקְְרָָ֤א שְְׁמוֹֹ֙ מֹֹשֶֶֶׁ֔ה וַַתֹֹּ֕אמֶֶֶר כִִּ֥י מִִן־הַַמַַּ֖יִִם מְְשִִׁיתִִֽהוּ׃...
...she [Par'οh’s daughter] named him Mοsheh, and she said 'Because I pulled him out (m'shıtihu) of the water'.
Note that the text does not say when she made this remark; we learn from D.H. Part I 4:18 that she had joined the escaping Jews at the time of the Exodus and converted to Judaism, and so she may well have exclaimed 'because I pulled him out of the water' at that time.

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
@Ty Daniels this applies to you too

see thats the thing though

the english transliteration is "Moses" but the jewish transliteration is "Moshe" or "Moshah"

because there are no vowels his name is spelled with Mem Shin He
There are vowels, however they are usually omitted from writing except in language-teaching books and other children's texts, and printed Bibles (but never handwritten scrolls), Prayer Books, etc.—so that the prophet's name is written as משה but read as מֹשֶׁה.

*Marked at Sh'mοt 2:10 (first occurrence), 2:11, 2:14, 2:15 twice, 2:17, 2:21 twice, 3:1, 3:3, 3:4 twice and 3:6
*The full ˁ
ammud (column) begins with Sh'mοt 2:9 and ends with Sh'mοt 3:7

*The left column is how the text appears in handwritten Torah scrolls (without punctuation, or any marks to show the end of sentences)
*The right column is how the text appears in printed Torah books (with punctuation, and musical accents used for ceremonial readings)

whereas names used by egyptians like Ramesses, it is Resh Mem Samekh Vav

So phonetically "Ra Me Su"...which doesnt sound the same
In Hebrew it is spelled רעמסס; the name actually occurs twice in the Tοrah:
(i) in ParashatVayiggash’ 47:11, the name of the region of Egypt where Yaˁaḳov and his family settled is given as אֶֶֽרֶֶץ רַַעְְמְְסֵֵסRaˁm'sess country’ (a region in Gοshen corresponding roughly to the Nile Delta), and

(ii) in ParashatSh'mοt’ 1:11 it is stated that the enslaved Yisr'elim were put to work building two storage facilities for the Par'οh, one of which was named
רַַעַַמְְסֵֵס Raˁamsess.

• Dap