MSNBC News Anchor Laughs at Terrorism Victims

Discussion in 'Higher Learning' started by 88m3, Dec 9, 2014.

1. 88m3

88m3 Fast Money & Foreign Objects

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn
    Coli Cash:
    $3328766.00

Morning Joe Hosts Totally Lose It During Segment on Furries
    371Shares
    32chlorine attack at a Chicago furry convention this weekend, the confusion in her voice became palpable. "Did I get that wrong?" she asks, stumbling over the words "furry convention." No, Mika. No, you did not.

While their co-host tries to continue reporting on the story with a straight face, Joe Scarborough giggles helplessly into his fist and Brzezinski hides her face. During a cutaway to news footage of the story, the two hosts apparently filled Mika in on what a furry is, and she straight up runs out of the studio.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/12/morning-joe-mika-furries.html

thoughts? general or otherwise?

2. 88m3

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn
    Coli Cash:
    $3328766.00

Context

Q&A: After Poison-Gas Attack, a Furry Speaks
    By Jessica Roy
    30Shares
    2evacuated from the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago after powdered chlorine was released into the hotel's stairwell during the Midwest Fur Fest convention, a weekend-long meet-up for furries. It's unclear who exactly released the chlorine, or why, but cops are calling the act "intentional" and investigating it as a crime.

Keu, who asked to go by her alias within the community "instead of my real name due to receiving death threats and such," has been involved with the furry community since 2007 and attended the Midwest Fur Fest — her fifth furry con — as a "Norwegian Lundehund." She agreed to answer a couple of our questions about her experience.

First off, when and how did you get into furry fandom? Was this your first con?
    I got into the furry fandom around 2007; didn't start selling my artwork until around 2011. I have always been fascinated by animals my entire life. I love my pets dearly. My first convention was Rainfurrest 2013 in Seattle, Washington. Since then, I've attended five cons total, including this year's MFF.

What events were taking place when the incident started?
    There was a DJ set going and a lot of people were at the dance or hanging around the lobby suiting. Saturdays are the main party day, so there were a lot of people out.

How did you find out there was a chlorine incident?
    My friends and I were outside the hotel at the local Steak 'n Shake. When we got back, I wanted to go back to our room and get in my fursuit and head back down to the lobby. We waited for the elevator until someone told us that there was a natural gas leak on floor ten, which was the floor we were staying on. We were a lot more scared since it could cause an explosion. About 15 minutes later, the fire alarms went off and we promptly evacuated and headed to a nearby hotel.

Were you forced to evacuate in your costume?I was actually in my kigurumi, which are baggy pajamas!

What was the mood like? Were people scared? Upset? Did they find it amusing?More people were amused than frightened. Overhearing in the lobby, we didn't think it was as serious as it actually was — just the fire department doing things to be safe. It wasn't until we saw law-enforcement trucks blocking the road to the hotel and a long line of paramedics from neighboring cities did it start to sink in that it was bad.

Were you or any of your friends transported to the hospital because of it?My friends Hayzel and MixnMatch were sent to the hospital because of it. They are okay now.

Who do you think was responsible for spilling the chlorine? Do you think it was "intentional"?It definitely had to be intentional. The Hyatt doesn't have a pool, so there would be no reason that chlorine would end up in a stairwell. Unfortunately, we do not know who is officially responsible.

What’s the aftermath been like? Do you feel like people have been unnecessarily flip about the incident?Sunday night, a lot of my friends were apprehensive that someone would do something much worse; however, there was a security guard sitting by the stairs where it happened, along with police wandering the hotel, which did make us feel safe. It feels surreal that someone would attempt to physically harm a group of people who aren't hurting anyone, but there is no way that chlorine would just end up in the emergency stairwells.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/12/qa-after-poison-gas-attack-a-furry-speaks.html

3. Liu Kang

Liu Kang KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $257760.00

I don't think she laughed at the victims but at the furry stuff. The fact that they happened to be victims of an attack is unfortunate IMO but still her behavior is unprofessional.

lotuseater80, Truth200, tmonster and 2 others dapped this.
  4. 88m3

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn
    Coli Cash:
    $3328766.00

Yeah, absolutely I agree with you. I mean in growing up with the internet I'd read of furries before. Admittedly without context one could come to the conclusion one had misspoken and believed people were in fact discussing Fourierism. There is something underlying awkward about adults dressed up as animals at what is essentially a mixer. Ultimately that shouldn't affect our empathy for what may be a marginalized group.

5. Berniewood Hogan

Berniewood Hogan IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    nWg
    Coli Cash:
    $212682.00

MSNBC ISN'T FOX NEWS, BROTHER! :mjlol:

wire28, 88m3, Primordial and 3 others dapped this.
  6. tmonster

tmonster Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $292467.00

[​IMG]

7. Truth200

Truth200 Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

[​IMG]

8. Mowgli

Mowgli Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $157432.00

She had to get the hell up on outta there like
    [​IMG]
    :mjlol:

Dean_Keaton2k dapped this.
  9. Ohnoits

Ohnoits All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I saw this the other day. She had no idea what a Furry was and was at a complete loss. She does tend to be pretty judgmental in general from the episodes I've seen, but it was very hard to take people dressed up in animal costumes seriously--even though Chlorine gas is just no joke.

10. Strapped

Strapped Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $343987.00

msnbc

11. Ezra

Ezra .

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

How are you not gonna laugh at a bunch of grown ass people dressed like that?

:facepalm:

ThreeLetterAgency dapped this.
  12. Eratosthenes

Eratosthenes Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $4893638.84

When my sister got married, our hotel was shared with an ongoing Brony convention. It's hard not to laugh and :mindblown:

Ezra dapped this.
  13. valet

valet The official Chaplin of the Coli

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Detroit
    Coli Cash:
    $383406.11

why isnt Fox News anchor changed yet? unless it's satire because they're in animal costumes.

Ezra dapped this.
  14. 88m3

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn
    Coli Cash:
    $3328766.00

que?

15. valet

valet The official Chaplin of the Coli

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Detroit
    Coli Cash:
    $383406.11

Unless it's satire (Fox as in the animal costumes and the news channel) why haven't you changed the title tp MSNBC anchor.