Music Theory and White Supremacy

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Glad I found this thread. You guys touched on something I've been thinking about recently as it relates to a significant amount of whites ideas about art in general.

Particularly, I've been thinking about the motivating factor behind why they tend to develop ideas about "degenerate" art or seem almost repulsed by art that doesn't conform to a particular defined style. It's almost like they can't understand abstractions in art that are more of an expression of human emotions and experiences.

You notice during the fascist movements, like Nazism, the only type of artwork as it relates to say paintings and sculptures they admired was ultra realism art. They venerated realistic sculptures and paintings and rejected modernist art as being degenerate. They really have a hard time understanding the meaning and appreciation of art that can't be clearly defined on paper or in writing. It's almost like they lack an important piece of their makeup that we tend to call "soul". Instead they seemed to latch onto art that reflected the world around them instead of expression of the human soul.

The same thing with music and why they hated Jazz. It rejected the traditional structure of music and embraced "feeling", improvisation, and playing from the soul more than their bland "ordered" style of music. It seems to really bother them.

As a supplement, this clip about Little Richard and Pat Boone plagiarizing his music really highlights what someone said, their "stick in the ass" approach to music. Just sucked all the soul and expression out of the music.