My friend’s man said he loves me.....

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
He meant it in a romantic way. If he's never said to you while sober, then it meant he's been harboring those thoughts. My best friend in the world wife and I are cool and i've been drunk before and i've never said that or anything remotely close to that to her before.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like you like him so you feel bad about it.

Bit of deflection?:mjpls:

If you didn't like him at all, it would have been awwe thanks I love you too man/friend and he really would have been like:snoop:

Either way he might have just been tipsy and really does have love for you but wouldn't act on it.

I don't see the point and running and telling his girl that he said that while drinking if he never acts out, pursues or makes you feel uncomfortable.... It's basically ruining a relationship or planting that seed of doubt.

unless subconsciously you want them to break up so maybe you and him can have a shot or there's a bit of envy or pride. :sas2:

Sounds like there's some tension there. Believe me when you aren't attracted to someone on some level, you don't say that and you don't respond like that either...

Anyway it sounds harmless as long as no ones acting on anything, but its a prime reason why men and women can't all be friends.

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Find a way to say it. I would prefer complete honesty.

I have told my friends some harsh truths and i knew I was taking the chance ending our friendship...

But if you really belive he said it in a drunken platonic way then you could choose to keep quiet about it...

I have never been drunk so I guess I dont see it a valid "excuse".

Daps
You’re overthinking, maybe this is the way you behave but your assumptions of me are dead wrong. There’s no ‘tension’ involved. I know a lot of you are negative on here and like to think the worst but please cheer up.

Also, this thread is quite old and ended with me agreeing with not saying anything. I don’t like him, he’s not even my type. I was just shocked he would say something like that and took it the wrong way. If he did actually mean it in a romantic way and I wanted to tell my friend. How does that equate to me wanting to break them up so I can be with him? If your friend’s girl said something inappropriate wouldn’t you want to tell your friend? How does it mean you actually want the girl? SMH

Sounds like you like him so you feel bad about it.

Bit of deflection?:mjpls:

If you didn't like him at all, it would have been awwe thanks I love you too man/friend and he really would have been like:snoop:

Either way he might have just been tipsy and really does have love for you but wouldn't act on it.

I don't see the point and running and telling his girl that he said that while drinking if he never acts out, pursues or makes you feel uncomfortable.... It's basically ruining a relationship or planting that seed of doubt.

unless subconsciously you want them to break up so maybe you and him can have a shot or there's a bit of envy or pride. :sas2:

Sounds like there's some tension there. Believe me when you aren't attracted to someone on some level, you don't say that and you don't respond like that either...

Anyway it sounds harmless as long as no ones acting on anything, but its a prime reason why men and women can't all be friends.

Daps
He meant it in a romantic way. If he's never said to you while sober, then it meant he's been harboring those thoughts. My best friend in the world wife and I are cool and i've been drunk before and i've never said that or anything remotely close to that to her before.

Well, whatever way he meant it. He’s acted normal ever since and hasn’t brought it up. If that’s how he meant it, he knows I wouldn’t encourage it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re overthinking, maybe this is the way you behave but your assumptions of me are dead wrong. There’s no ‘tension’ involved. I know a lot of you are negative on here and like to think the worst but please cheer up.

Also, this thread is quite old and ended with me agreeing with not saying anything. I don’t like him, he’s not even my type. I was just shocked he would say something like that and took it the wrong way. If he did actually mean it in a romantic way and I wanted to tell my friend. How does that equate to me wanting to break them up so I can be with him? If your friend’s girl said something inappropriate wouldn’t you want to tell your friend? How does it mean you actually want the girl? SMH
:yeshrug:

Sounds like you were the one over thinking it, I wouldn't have thought about the comment twice if it was directed at me outside of maybe a joke much later in the future, If my friend girl told someone me she loved me and literally never said, acted or behaved strange it wouldn't cross my mind at all to tell them. Especially if drinking was involved

It's stranger to me that nothing I mention is a factor and you had to think about telling your friend.:manny:

But hey I'm glad everything worked out, and I'm glad I was wrong. I was just throwing in my 2 cent

Luna

All Star
Daps

Just out of curiosity: Americans don't seem to think men and women can be friends for the most part, but I'm from Brazil and it's definitely a thing (without benefits.) I guess, if you're comfortable answering, what's the nature of your friendship based around?

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
I’m friends with both of them, I even helped them get together but ultimately the girl is my actual friend. They’ve been together for years, live together and are in a serious relationship. He was drunk and randomly said he loved me at a house party. I was shocked and uncomfortable, he immediately said sorry straight after. I do believe he truly loves her, it’s clear by the way he looks at her. I don’t want them to break up but I’m a little bit conflicted as a friend/woman. I also acknowledge the fact that he said sorry straight after he said it and he was extremely drunk. Should I just let it go or should I tell her?

he was drunk smh.........

if he was sober that is a different story