My parents loaned my sister $1,700,000 to buy her first home

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Nah I feel you on this OP. Thats a nice action they are taking for her, and that's what they should be doing. I give them props for that; but its not out of pocket for you to feel some type of way when they offer your sister 1.7milli UNSOLICITED but you are getting texts from them to venmo $25 you owed them for a damn phone bill. People in this thread are missing the forest for the trees on that. Context matters, and from what you are saying you were never made to feel in any way that you had parental support of really any kind in that manner, and yet it pops out of a fukking cannon to the tune of 7 figures for your sibling. Parents are people, and people are multifaceted; everyone has flaws, and some parents can indeed have/play favorites. And this seems like a case of that.

But you are a man and have built yours. And the best thing you can do now is not treat your children unfairly if at all possible. Provide your children with the same support you see your parents giving your sister. All of them assuming you are able. :yeshrug:

Menna

All Star
Daps
What are they talking about? What taxes would they be avoiding?
My sister would have to sell stock to afford the 20-25% down payment ($325K) when selling stock there is a 15%+ tax on your gain....So by loaning her 1.7 she doesnt have to sell anything...

Menna

All Star
Daps
I think I have to be more of a man...DO my own thing more away from my family and start a family of my own...Thank you all for the responses...Needed a temperature for my emotions...I just realized how manipulative my mom really is...I always new my Dad was a bit of a bytch...so I'll put in my math and do what I gotta do the closer I am to them the more my reality is messed with so...

Im regretful that I felt the need to move home after making it away on my own after this I have no regret about doing my own thing again...I gotta stop being a fukking chump in this dynamic but one the one hand you try to be there for your family...This changes shyt tho...

Last edited:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
1990-91-Hoops-Mark-Jackson-Menendez-brothers.jpg

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
OP mad cause he had to "struggle" and based on what I have read from him he has no idea what struggle really is:hhh:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I wouldn’t stop messing with my parents over that, but I might side eye it a bit depending on the circumstances.

With that said there are other circumstances to consider. Your parents might not have been as financially able to do that when you were getting your start as they are now with your younger sister.

Your parents also might feel you are more responsible and independent than your sister; therefore negating the need for them to do that for you. As harsh as it sounds sometimes you are penalized for being responsible and doing what you are supposed to do.

If it’s bothering you to that degree you probably need to sit down, have an in-depth conversation, and tell them where you stand. There is no sense in harboring inner animosity towards them, because that will eventually manifest itself in how you treat them even in more passive aggressive ways.

This is all facts.

That said... the root of OP's post seems more along the lines of .. "You gave my sister 1.7M for a house for her and her man, but you press me about a $25 international phone call? You gave my sister ONE POINT SEVEN MILLION for a house and sat by and let me work like a cotdamn dog and miss out on life to get myself right when, instead of saying you'd have done the same for me, you could have just done the same for me years ago? :gucci:"

That's fukked up.

In any event, life's not fair and honestly, you got the short end of the stick solely because you did what you were "supposed" to do as a man.