Nas, Royce, Gibbs and Jay Electronica are nominees for rap album of the year at the Grammy’s

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE TO RECEIVE 2021 GRAMMY LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
f0e85678353e2f1116641f8ff3ae6b7c

Published on: Dec 10, 2020, 10:24 AM
by Kyle Eustice

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five are bona fide Hip Hop pioneers. Formed in 1978 by Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel, The Kidd Creole, Keef Cowboy, Scorpio and Rahiem in the South Bronx, the innovative group achieved mainstream success with the 1982 song “The Message,” a roughly six-minute deep dive into the poverty and socio-political issues they were witnessing in their community at the time.

Nearly four decades after the eponymous song was released, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five are being honored with the 2021 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. On Thursday (December 10), Rahiem posted an Instagram post announcing the news.

“I just learned Grandmaster Flash & the Furious 5 will be receiving the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2021 Grammys,” the post reads. In a statement to HipHopDX, Rahiem added, “I didn’t know the Grammys knew we existed, but it’s very nice we weren’t forgotten and it’s a tremendous honor. It’s still sinking in though, so when the feeling finally hits me, a celebration of some sort will commence [laughs].”

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Explain it then what don't I get

none of those albums have any cultural relevance whatsoever. theres not even 1 song that reasonates between any of these albums.

it comes off like its basically just 9th wonder picking his favorites.
thats why people are complaining.

out-of-touch elitism is just as bad as number-crunching. theyre just located on opposite ends of the shameless spectrum.

GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE TO RECEIVE 2021 GRAMMY LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD

now this is something that i can rock with.

i might actually watch for once...........not really, but i might put it in rotation when im flicking channels, at least.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
f0e85678353e2f1116641f8ff3ae6b7c

Published on: Dec 10, 2020, 10:24 AM
by Kyle Eustice

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five are bona fide Hip Hop pioneers. Formed in 1978 by Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel, The Kidd Creole, Keef Cowboy, Scorpio and Rahiem in the South Bronx, the innovative group achieved mainstream success with the 1982 song “The Message,” a roughly six-minute deep dive into the poverty and socio-political issues they were witnessing in their community at the time.

Nearly four decades after the eponymous song was released, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five are being honored with the 2021 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. On Thursday (December 10), Rahiem posted an Instagram post announcing the news.

“I just learned Grandmaster Flash & the Furious 5 will be receiving the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2021 Grammys,” the post reads. In a statement to HipHopDX, Rahiem added, “I didn’t know the Grammys knew we existed, but it’s very nice we weren’t forgotten and it’s a tremendous honor. It’s still sinking in though, so when the feeling finally hits me, a celebration of some sort will commence [laughs].”

Dope

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So nobody in the whole world listens to Nas or anybody that was nominated like the people who listen to it are part of some dream world that don't exist? Stop making dumb statements
There are an estimated 330 million people un the US. 22% of them are under 18 of age. On Just Spotify Nas averages over 6 million monthly listeners. That's almost 3% of the adult population in the US that listens to him monthly on 1 streaming service.

6 million people isn't nobody.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Jhene is nominated for Album Of The Year and just released the video for 10K Hours. Hopefully the added exposure from the video and amongst the voting committee who will vote for Jhene (even though its pretty much a given Taylor wins AOTY) helps Nas also.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
There are an estimated 330 million people un the US. 22% of them are under 18 of age. On Just Spotify Nas averages over 6 million monthly listeners. That's almost 3% of the adult population in the US that listens to him monthly on 1 streaming service.

6 million people isn't nobody.

i just explained to you fakkits why people complained about these nominations.

instead, you dudes talk around it and try to play 'shoot the messenger' and in cowardly fashion with no tags.