Nas says "I hear a new rap record and think it’s great, but I don’t listen to it the next week"

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas been saying this for YEARS honestly. The last new rapper that he seemed genuinely excited about was Lupe Fiasco back in 06.

Even before that he was saying shyt like

“Since Pun passed he was the last shine of sun I could feel”.

“Making hits is easy/throw a famous bytch on the hook there ya go with a Platinum CD”

“Thats why the Gangsta Rappers ain’t inspiring/ Heinous crimes help record sales more than creative lines”

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
kings disease had just as much spins as all the other bs out there from me :ld:

I feel what he's saying to an extent, but Kings Disease was cool and good off first listen and I haven't really revisited it. We not in an album mood rn with the world

Not gonna go that far @I Drink Water but KD kinda came and went for me .
There was this story Faith Newman told years ago where she went to a party that Nas was hosting, and they were playing 80s funk music. She asked him, "You listen to this? :ohhh:" And he said, "It's all I listen to. :yeshrug:" I want to believe what you said is true. :mjlol:

Well he did say no rap in my playlist
full

Exactly . If you listen to Nas’ music , he’s constantly said for like at least 2 decades that he rarely listens to rap .

matter fact , a lot of your favorite rappers from the mid 90s especially prided themselves on vocalizing how much they DO NOT listen to rap .

So telling :mjlol:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I dunno, I understand why he feels that way because I've felt it.

Then again, given how much MORE music is being released compared to the 90's you really have to niche down and find something that really connects with who you are if you wanna be kept "awake at night" over some rap.

Last couple albums that had that effect on me were Lupe's T&Y and Ab Soul's Do what thou Wilt.

I studied those albums, I sat with them for 8 or 9 months at a time as the thing I primarily listened to because I developed a relationship with each song and would get stuck on one for a week or two and then make a new friend. That feeling is out there, but it's not gonna be served up for you. You can't just sit back and be like entertain me, enrich me, give give give me something valuable. You go into things with the frame of mind to show love (we don't do that in Hip Hop enough, generally) and you'll find more to actually love about this.

:myman::myman:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
He's speaking facts, and some of these rappers know it too since they're releasing projects like every 3 months. They know that in this oversaturated era you're not really getting much replay, so they come out with new stuff way more often than before. It doesn't even really have much to do with the actual quality of the music. Everybody got like 10 new albums to listen every week (plus 3 movies and 2 TV show and sports to watch, plus their job, family or gf, etc). People just don't have as much available time nowadays to listen to the same albums that much. Gift and the curse of all these options we have now.

All facts here

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Like I said in the other thread imagine Nas over some hard shyt like Scenario

:wow:

oh shyt, word. my hands down favorite pop record. you give nas something like this & he would spill something signifcant. i don't care what kind of critic someone might me of drill music, you hear this shyt in the whip? lol you fukkin with it heavy i'm sorry. amazing cinematic production that low key sounds like a fight starter. i wouldn't know because i'm too flabby to be in the club when it plays so i'm just speculating lol

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

420MWO.com
Daps
Maybe it’s just his speech cadence but both of these quotes are nearly identical on a syllabalic level

“I appreciate what’s out there, but there’s no one keeping me up at night,” he says. “I hear a new rap record and think it’s great, but I don’t listen to it the next week.”