NBA is trash if Luka, Tatum and Embid are the future.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Doncic can’t be better on defense he just has athletic limitations.

You will always be able to target him and P&R him it’s alright you don’t need to be a good defender to be a superstar or All-Time great.

The best he can be is a smart defender that understands positioning, angles, rotations, how to leverage his frame and I.Q., and has a nose for the ball. He is kind of doing that now that’s how he’s averaging 2 steals a game in the playoffs.
Chris Paul had plenty of “athletic limitations” and was consistently an All Defense player. :camby: There is nothing outside of a pure lack of effort that is keeping Luka from being just an average defender.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Yo, I think the "similar threads" function is broken. :laff:

Under the "Similar threads" function below, the first link is about Tatum and the next four are:

Aint know the spider market was in demand like that:lupe:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Chris Paul had plenty of “athletic limitations” and was consistently an All Defense player. :camby: There is nothing outside of a pure lack of effort that is keeping Luka from being just an average defender.
Chris Paul was short but had above average speed and strength and has some of the best instincts/hands/I.Q in league history. He is also a PG his defensive responsibilities are not that of a forward.

Defense is not just about effort Luka simply doesn’t have the foot speed or wingspan to defend guys.

He’s already a net neutral/average defender playing the role he plays in Dallas defensive system according to the ‘lytics. But in the playoffs he will be targeted because of his offensive load and athletic limitations.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Klay has athletic limitations and he made an all-defensive team. Yes, Luka does have a ceiling but that ceiling is much higher than what he's shown so far.

And some of Luka's athletic limitations are self-inflicted. If he were in better shape then he could both give more effort and do more defensively.
Klay was always overrated on defense.

I agree if Luka was in better shape he could be better on defense but even then it would only be a marginal increase.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chris Paul was short but had above average speed and strength and has some of the best instincts/hands/I.Q in league history. He is also a PG his defensive responsibilities are not that of a forward.

Defense is not just about effort Luka simply doesn’t have the foot speed or wingspan to defend guys.

He’s already a net neutral/average defender playing the role he plays in Dallas defensive system according to the ‘lytics. But in the playoffs he will be targeted because of his offensive load and athletic limitations.
I just threw Chris Paul out there, but there are plenty of players who have had clear deficiencies, some with the same ones Luka had, that became all NBA level defenders. People are only asking Luka to not be a clear target, as in just be a mediocre/average at best defender. I understand feeling the need to make excuses for him, but nobody is asking much out of him but making an effort.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I just threw Chris Paul out there, but there are plenty of players who have had clear deficiencies, some with the same ones Luka had, that became all NBA level defenders. People are only asking Luka to not be a clear target, as in just be a mediocre/average at best defender. I understand feeling the need to make excuses for him, but nobody is asking much out of him but making an effort.
Like who?

He’s already mediocre/average. It’s easy to target the player with the worst foot speed in the line-up who also shoulders the largest offensive load.

It’s not really about making excuses for dude but understanding that he’s just not going to be an above average defender ever.

Dallas is already maximizing his strengths as a defender (defensive rebounding, weak side rotations, post up defense, passing lane jumping). It takes more than effort though.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like who?

He’s already mediocre/average. It’s easy to target the player with the worst foot speed in the line-up who also shoulders the largest offensive load.

It’s not really about making excuses for dude but understanding that he’s just not going to be an above average defender ever.

Dallas is already maximizing his strengths as a defender (defensive rebounding, weak side rotations, post up defense, passing lane jumping). It takes more than effort though.
If you’re calling him an average defender then perhaps your judgment is too clouded to have a serious back and forth. If you want any to insist that there’s no way he can improve then I’ll simply just agree with you I guess.