tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I've been making beats since i was 16 (i'm 25 now). Back then it was for fun, but now i want to start taking this shyt serious. I have hundreds of beats, but i have to mix them, and upload them. So far i have been uploading beats for the last few months (a couple from some years ago as well), but i'm not getting any traffic. Also I'm not sure if my mixes are decent because i'm using beats studio headphones with some plugins that makes the frequency flat. So get less of a fake/overly bass sound when i mix. I use that with waves nx to hear how it'd sound in different environments. Before i upload i see if the bass/808s (pain in the ass) sound right on a beats pill.

I need you brehs opinion on what i've uploaded so far, and is it mixed decent? I also need advice on selling my beats because i have them uploaded on soundclick, youtube, beatstars, soundcloud, twitter etc. Again, no traffic.:wow: Traktrain ain't email me back either :francis:.

P.S. i don't consider these my best/worst beats, they're are random. I save my best in case i ever wanna rap on my own shyt.

Here are a couple of my beats i've uploaded:

[Shameless plug]

Follow me:

Soundcloud: GoodWillTrappa's SoundCloud
Twitter: @GoodWillTrappa <-----i pinned my prices
YouTube: GoodWillTrappa
Soundclick: TheGoodWillTrappa

Last edited:

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
I've been making beats since i was 16 (i'm 25 now). Back then it was for fun, but now i want to start taking this shyt serious. I have hundreds of beats, but i have to mix them, and upload them. So far i have been uploading beats for the last few months (a couple from some years ago as well), but i'm not getting any traffic. Also I'm not sure if my mixes are decent because i'm using beats studio headphones with some plugins that makes the frequency flat. So get less of a fake/overly bass sound when i mix. I use that with waves nx to hear how it'd sound in different environments. Before i upload i see if the bass/808s (pain in the ass) sound right on a beats pill.

I need you brehs opinion on what i've uploaded so far, and is it mixed decent? I also need advice on selling my beats because i have them uploaded on soundclick, youtube, beatstars, soundcloud, twitter etc. Again, no traffic.:wow: Traktrain ain't email me back either :francis:.

P.S. i don't consider these my best/worst beats, they're are random. I save my best in case i ever wanna rap on my own shyt.

Here are a couple of my beats i've uploaded:

[Shameless plug]

Follow me:

Soundcloud: GoodWillTrappa's SoundCloud
Twitter: @GoodWillTrappa <-----i pinned my prices
YouTube: GoodWillTrappa
Soundclick: TheGoodWillTrappa

Nikka u nice....im feelin that jay z one!
:wow::takedat:

Dawunonli

Rookie
Daps
First thing is that tag repeating too much on most of the beats. U supposed to put it once during the intro or when the beat drop, on the hook or the outro.

Also you take too long to drop the beat, or first drum pattern or main bass. Intro melody shouldn't go past 30 seconds unless u making some Meek Dreams Nightmare type shyt.

Your melodies need improvement. I would suggest taking a basic piano class (for about couple months) on fundamentals, one on one sessions with someone trained can clean up some of your bad habits and help you with basics and learning minor scales, it helped me dramatically when it came to improvising melodies or chords

Next thing is to invest or trap out the bandwith for better vsts

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Create your own sound.

Don't follow trends.

Get some speakers to make beats on even if they are cheap af. Beats exaggerate everything.

Copying the style of beats may get you some local rappers or national rappers to work with you, but if you can create a sound it puts the ball in your court as far as creativity. You are making YOUR music, not your version of what's popping right now. There's 1 million people who can do that.

Listen to your mix everywhere, compare a song that sounds similar (a famous one, that's been mastered and released) to learn how to get your basic mix to sound close to done. It can then get pumped up and made to sound bigger in the master phase. It would be great to get a friend who is also into making music to bounce ideas off of, and to inspire each other. And agreed: the tag 1x is enough. But mainly: keep on the grind. Also: ppl upload beats daily.. network with artists/managers.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Yeah i did tagged my beats i uploaded to soundcloud, and youtube to oblivion :russ:. I was afraid someone would steal my shyt. Should i re-upload with only 2 tags (beginning and ending)?

I think i'm better at flipping a sample. I don't sell beats with samples because i don't clear them. Making beats from scratch, i've noticed (no lie) earlier today, before the replies. That a lot of them the beat doesn't drop until like 40 seconds to a minute in. Which is most of the time a no,no in hip-hop. I can restructure them though, and make the beat drop quicker.

I have some HUGE ass old school speakers (and other speakers), but i can't connect them to my laptop. I think i'm going to need something like this
SKU278314%285%29.jpg

because my laptop has a 3.5 audio jack i believe it's called. While the wires from the speakers looks something like this:
s-l300.jpg

My traktrain (my main focus now) page has no tags at all though, because they tag it for you, and i think it's against their TOS. I've been doing this for years as a hobby/time killer. Always played my beats to myself. It's great to actually get feedback. Thank you guys. Keep it coming.

A couple of quick questions. When selling beats. Are we suppose to master and sell at 0 db - 0.3 db? Or are we suppose to just leave room for the vocals and sell at -0.6 db? Most cats be having their beats on their page blasting. I assumed they mastered, so i stopped uploading beats at -0.6 db (some of my soundcloud beats are still that way), and just Ozone'd it to master asistant it to -0.3.

How do you guys sidechain your kicks and 808's (duck bass when kick starts)? I use FL Limiter (comp), but i hear you can also use lfotool, and a few other techniques.

Next thing is to invest or trap out the bandwith for better vsts

:sas2:
My beats probablly don't sound like it, but i have 100's of gigabytes of vst's. Omnisphere, nexus 2, electa2 and X, gladiator, massive, serum etc. I also have mixing/mastering tools like fabfiler, ozone 8, waves bundles etc.