Negativity is Going to be The Destruction of Gaming

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Modding is fine but I think it creates a fog that messes up expectations and feeds the outrage machine. Inevitably people get bent out of shape off what could have been after someone mods it in, or worse, use a modded game to do a like for like comparison to the new unmodded game. Everything you're talking about sounds like cool shyt to have but I can't see being mad that it's not the base game experience.

Trust I understand, I guess I'm so used to franchises like Civilization where the main game had a good portion but lacking barebones, then comes the updates, mods, and finally the expansion packs.

One thing is that gamers themselves tend to be overwhelmed by crazy amounts of options and so forth. Imagine if Starfield was released with everything under the hood, somehow someway...gamers will complain about it being all over the place :francis: .

Sad reality is that developers and publishers are going the live service route, even with single player games. Its impossible to stumble back, when the No Mans Sky redemption effect became the new marketing ploy.

Watch Dragon's Dogma 2 end up getting overkill updates, optimization, and a heavy duty expansion. I guarantee you, the same folks glooming and dooming will praise the game, despite the predatory MTX and badly optimizations.

Its damned if you do, damned if you don't. Have a game day one that fulfills every desire but still feeling empty, versus a bare bones broken game that ends up having a redemption ark.

Future of gaming breh :francis:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
A lot of y'all arguments fall apart when you other games get applause. Make a quality game and it will be a round of applause from all sides. You think GTA6 will get constant negativity?

Starfield was genuine mid-tier gameplay. Having loading screens showcase the developers being lazy.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Breh the thing that messes me up about KSP2 is the fact that it's early access and these entitled whiners bytching about it having early access problems.

Cities Skylines 2 no different from when CS1 dropped and that game had to take a NASA computer to get it up and running. Nevermind, the nickel and dining from Paradox.

It's like folks want the games to perfect, despite the fact that even games back in the days had updates aka "greatest hits collection" .
People shytted on Larian and BG3 the entire early access, then the game drops and its arguably the best in the trilogy.

Gamers love to bytch about shyt.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
People shytted on Larian and BG3 the entire early access, then the game drops and its arguably the best in the trilogy.

Gamers love to bytch about shyt.

Reminds me of heads shytting on Duke Nukem Forever, and once a mod to restore lost content, folks want to say underrated.

GTFOH :camby:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Reminds me of heads shytting on Duke Nukem Forever, and once a mod to restore lost content, folks want to say underrated.

GTFOH :camby:
Duke Nukem forever was trash tho, I've never heard anyone claim it was underrated. And I'm not gonna reevaluate my opinion of a game based off content that never made it into the final product.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Duke Nukem forever was trash tho, I've never heard anyone claim it was underrated. And I'm not gonna reevaluate my opinion of a game based off content that never made it into the final product.

For what it was worth, the game was mid to me. Like yes the game was rough as all hell, but it still had that duke charm, despite being outdated AF

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
For what it was worth, the game was mid to me. Like yes the game was rough as all hell, but it still had that duke charm, despite being outdated AF
It had none of the Duke gameplay in my opinion. It had the corny jokes but the gameplay was the standard call of duty clone shyt that all fps games did at the time.

Doom 2016 is closer to how Duke nukem is supposed to play, where you explore a map with fast paced fire fights. Forever was just a basic cover shooter with generic A to B level design mixed with set pieces, with weapon limits and auto regenerating health.