Never knew the fake ultimate warrior killed himself at 33

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Wrestling With Wregret video on Warrior in WCW covers this and it's very highly recommended. Sad how he went out
So they were in WCW at the same time and they didn't run with the Renegade as Warrior's Disciple in OWN? Missed opportunity

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
So they were in WCW at the same time and they didn't run with the Renegade as Warrior's Disciple in OWN? Missed opportunity
He wasn't the renegade at the time they were in WCW together, he did play as Warriors stand in, in a few segments though when some magical disappearing shyt was supposed to happen

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I always found it annoying how Arn Anderson & Conrad would constantly shyt on this guy during their podcasts. Like yeah, we get he wasn't good & Arn dropped the TV title to him... but come on. The guy has been dead for over 20 years :beli:

I really hate how The Renegade got shytted on when reality he was apart of Hogan's psychotic wetdream to bury The Ultimate Warrior since he wasn't in WCW at the time. Sadly, they push dude to the side once the NWO popped off and they wonder why breh killed himself.

The wrestling business is the devil and it's entourage:francis:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I really hate how The Renegade got shytted on when reality he was apart of Hogan's psychotic wetdream to bury The Ultimate Warrior since he wasn't in WCW at the time. Sadly, they push dude to the side once the NWO popped off and they wonder why breh killed himself.

The wrestling business is the devil and it's entourage:francis:

it wasnt because of the NWO.

apparently, vince threatened to sue them, so they dropped the gimmick. i dont even think he was called the renegade anymore after that.
i understand them dropping the mannerisms, but he couldnt keep the face-paint?? warrior was rockin that before he went to the WWF.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
it wasnt because of the NWO.

apparently, vince threatened to sue them, so they dropped the gimmick. i dont even think he was called the renegade anymore after that.
i understand them dropping the mannerisms, but he couldnt keep the face-paint?? warrior was rockin that before he went to the WWF.

The one thing that really sucked about WCW's training is that they are PROGRAMMED to be that particular gimmick. I remember hearing or reading about Marc Mero having a hard time transitioning from the Johnny B Badd character when he was going to the WWE. Hence why dude kinda fell off especially once Sable got recognized more than him.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
The one thing that really sucked about WCW's training is that they are PROGRAMMED to be that particular gimmick. I remember hearing or reading about Marc Mero having a hard time transitioning from the Johnny B Badd character when he was going to the WWE. Hence why dude kinda fell off especially once Sable got recognized more than him.
According to Prichard when Vince signed Mero he wanted Johnny B Badd and was lowkey pissed/done with it when he realized that he couldn't be that guy at all in the WWF

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
According to Prichard when Vince signed Mero he wanted Johnny B Badd and was lowkey pissed/done with it when he realized that he couldn't be that guy at all in the WWF

:francis:Vince is fukking retarded...

Johnny B Badd was one of the best gimmicks in WCW and it would had transitioned perfectly in the WWF (WWE). He could had made that gimmick work in the Attitude Era without using that boring Marc Mero gimmick:camby:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

LOL. i always figured that.

cuz vince loved him some little richard.:laugh:

i guess WCW blocked the gimmick from being used over there.