New business idea

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have recently come up with a new business idea and did some research to get an idea of what things I need to make it work,
but only on a basic level. Is there anyone here that knows who one is suppose to talk to in order to flesh out the idea some more.
For instance who do you talk to about getting loans for the business or creating a business plan specific to what you are trying to do?
I have a bunch of questions that I want to ask but don't know where to begin.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without giving away too many details, essentially what I want to do is create a compilation book based on the vetted writings of new up and
coming authors as a way to broaden their exposure to the industry. This book can be sold to the public and/or exclusively to publishing
companies or talent agencies. The aim is to get these companies or agencies to purchase the rights to these author's writings to sell them
commercially. Most of that money having to go back to the original author and a small fee for my company. If anyone has insight it would be greatly
appreciated.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without giving away too many details, essentially what I want to do is create a compilation book based on the vetted writings of new up and
coming authors as a way to broaden their exposure to the industry. This book can be sold to the public and/or exclusively to publishing
companies or talent agencies. The aim is to get these companies or agencies to purchase the rights to these author's writings to sell them
commercially. Most of that money having to go back to the original author and a small fee for my company. If anyone has insight it would be greatly
appreciated.

1) Go to the library in your city(the largest one in your city, and ask these questions to one of the librarians. Preferably the head librarian)

If that doesn't work, Plan B

2) Most libraries have author workshops/seminars throughout the year, where authors come in and plug their published books, and conduct various seminars. Either wait until one of these authors comes to your local library and get advice from him, or if you can't wait that long, look at the library calendar of authors that will be coming to your local library throughout the year; copy their names down, look up their names on the internet(most authors have their own personal website), and email them directly with your questions on funding and the other questions that you have.

Peace............. :boss:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
appreciated.

Amazon kind of killed this idea. Authors can self publish straight to market now.

Im currently working on six books at the same time :myman: