New Marley Documentary 2012

FUTUREVISIONS

A LUTA CONTINUA
Daps
Reppin
T.I.M.E.
[YOUTUBE]i58Fr-pZR3w[/YOUTUBE]

I slept on this as it actually dropped in selected theaters 4/20/12. It is also available on Itunes , Facebook and On Demand via cable providers.

Thanks to my "demonic" friends, I'll be able to drop some thoughts on this soon.

Anyone checked this yet?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I peeped this a few weeks ago in the village. I knew his story already because my family is jamaican but it was on point.

FUTUREVISIONS

A LUTA CONTINUA
Daps
Reppin
T.I.M.E.
cats really sleeping on this documentary... learned a lot of things about his life and career that I never knew. I'd even go as far as to say out of the many documentaries, this one is the best. Lots of never seen footage and interviews with his family members, mothers of his children, band members friends etc.. definitely a must see.. 4.5/5

FUTUREVISIONS

A LUTA CONTINUA
Daps
Reppin
T.I.M.E.
lol@ Marley whooping that one dudes ass for stealing his money.

word it was his manager at the time they recorded it like 1st 48 and even gave him the vanilla ice balcony treatment hahaaa

"bob asked him the same question every 30 min.... you did wha? rewiiiiiiiind"

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
This documentary is piff, 4.5/5....very emotional at times...best part was the One love peace concert...too bad musicians nowadays aren't nearly involved as Bob

FUTUREVISIONS

A LUTA CONTINUA
Daps
Reppin
T.I.M.E.
they didn't go into peter tosh that much but i understand why. Stepping razor is a great documentary about Tosh, check that out he was a deep brother...

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly it was very weak, mainly because it was produced by Tuff Gong. They really didn't touch on anything in an in depth manner, just quickly ran through everything. And pretty much avoided anything that didn't paint him in the best of light.

Was very disappointed by it, wasn't a very honest documentary

FUTUREVISIONS

A LUTA CONTINUA
Daps
Reppin
T.I.M.E.
Honestly it was very weak, mainly because it was produced by Tuff Gong. They really didn't touch on anything in an in depth manner, just quickly ran through everything. And pretty much avoided anything that didn't paint him in the best of light.

Was very disappointed by it, wasn't a very honest documentary

i disagree about it being week. Ziggy was one of the producers I thought but yea chris blackwell also got producer credit. There are so many Marley documentaries already so I'm interested in knowing what exactly you thought they should cover that hasn't been seen already..

I never claimed to be a Marley historian but I did learn some new things and saw some pics I never saw before.

And pretty much avoided anything that didn't paint him in the best of light.

like what for instance?

Solid release IMO...

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Well his daughter and the dude who told the story about Marley whooping some guys ass didn't exactly portray him in a positive manner...

neither did the fact that the doc makes him look like a terrible husband (which he was)

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i disagree about it being week. Ziggy was one of the producers I thought but yea chris blackwell also got producer credit. There are so many Marley documentaries already so I'm interested in knowing what exactly you thought they should cover that hasn't been seen already..

I never claimed to be a Marley historian but I did learn some new things and saw some pics I never saw before.

like what for instance?

Solid release IMO...

It wasn't very good, they didn't go in depth into anything, the film was like one big footnote.

Someone outside the Marley/Tuff Gong camp should've done this documentary.

I remember watching a documenatry a long long long time, about Bob and The Wailers, that was so much much better and more in depth than this.

FUTUREVISIONS

A LUTA CONTINUA
Daps
Reppin
T.I.M.E.
Well his daughter and the dude who told the story about Marley whooping some guys ass didn't exactly portray him in a positive manner...

neither did the fact that the doc makes him look like a terrible husband (which he was)
this