Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
00-story-beyonce.jpg

This Designer Went From Selling on Etsy to Dressing Beyoncé
On Friday, Beyoncé arrived at Swiss Beatz’s Dreamweavers exhibition at the UTA Artist Space in Beverly Hills and made yet another striking fashion statement. In an ankara print blazer and trousers worn with matching chapeau, Mrs. Carter looked the part of a well-dressed art enthusiast, and yet her dramatic look wasn’t sourced from the runway as per usual. In the last month or so, the superstar has had some pretty impressive fashion moments—she’s worn Dries Van Noten menswear, singlehandedly revived the skort, and pulled out old school Louis Vuitton to dazzling effect. Given what came before, her latest look had a particularly surprising provenance: Etsy.

Beyoncé and her stylist Zerina Ackers handpicked Nigerian designer Ena Udemba, 34, and her label Ena Ganciofrom the online arts and crafts platform and asked her to create a custom suit. Preparations began in late 2018, when Ackers reached out with the request. It is undoubtedly Ena’s most high-profile commission to date, though the Abuja-based designer knew she could rise to the occasion. “The creation had to be unique, something for her alone. I needed to be ‘there’ with her. Have you ever been responsible for a queen? The biggest queen on earth! I felt responsible,” she shared. “I felt anxious and at the same time determined to be successful.”

It’s good that Beyoncé is showing love to black designers and reminding the world how beautiful African patterns and colors are. The best way to counteract the racist fukkery from Italian and other European designers is to uplift the designs of our own.

03.jpg

04.jpg

phpczIN.jpg

I’m sure this brehette’s Etsy store will sellout soon. Enagancio by EnaGancio

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Wax print stocks are about to skyrocket in the U.S. with American women running to the stores :russ:
Edit: This is a store i went to in Ivory Coast to buy a dress and fabric for my mom www.uniwax.com . I also brought back some fabric for my homeboy who's a tailor so he can make some $$$

Last edited:

One

Moreese Bickham with the pistol
Daps
Does Beyonce realize by supporting an African designer she is taking away opportunities from AdoS?:ufdup:
:gucci:
nikka,

it's etsy. No exclusive purchasers club by any measure, this gesture is something anybody can do minus the exposure. If that's how you truly feel, log onto the site and purchase from the multitude of African American vendors and uphold your own viewpoint.
and dont say you was trolling bytch