Nintendo President Reiterates That Switch Is "Just In The Middle Of Its Lifecycle"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In an earnings call company President Shuntaro Furukawa indicated that Nintendo sees the Switch as being mid-lifecycle, with a key goal being to avoid the year 6 slump that impacted previous successes like the Wii (as reported by Bloomberg).

9-B69-F098-7-D28-4-E6-A-91-C4-261-F45-B788-BF.jpg

Switch is just in the middle of its lifecycle and the momentum going into this year is good. The Switch is ready to break a pattern of our past consoles that saw momentum weakening in their sixth year on the market and grow further.

How we feelin about this? :patrice:

To me, it makes perfect sense. Switch momentum is still out of this world and they’rer kind of running with zero friction. The supply chip shortage is barely effecting them, so they can produce as much of these things as they want right now and they have no real competition in the market. They can easily surpass ps2 and DS numbers if they keep it going for another 5 years.

No point in trying to launch new hardware right now for them when they won’t be able to produce at the rate they are now. All their game are still selling full price also.

So by late 2026 or early 2027 we might see a brand new console.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I mean it makes sense that they wouldn’t make a souped model but at least give us an optional dock

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
No need to rock the boat but I was wishing for a little sooner. They are supported from their first party titles so they can care less for a next gen tech push.

That OLED switch is fire though