Nissan GTR rant.

EastAfrixan

Rookie
Daps
The GTR R35 has always been that ride every petrol head salutes :salute:

Every time I see one on the road, It’s a head turner :whew:

But what I don’t get is that they have never modified it since 2008 (well minor transmission adjustments but that’s it) and every time you see them on sale, the prices got a brotha like :sadbron:.

Look at these prices…. A 2014 going for $95,000 :gucci:

Is the GTR overrated or what?

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Overrated at THIS point in its stock form. Severely outdated now too. People that slurp the GTR always want to talk about the numbers it can put down when its been modded to shyt (just like any other car)....but most arent doing that. 90% of people are keeping their car stock. And of that 10% that do mod, 99% of them will, at the most, go FBO and thats it.

It is a well performing car but the key to it was the performance value you got. With the prices of them through the roof this last decade, they really dont give you performance value and that was the point. To give you near GT3 level performance for a fraction of the cost. At this point, you may as well pay a little more and get a GT3. The car the GTR and Z06 use as their target benchmark.

The GTR had its run. Now you have a $60k (sans markup) entry level C8 giving you performance numbers comparable to the Nismo GTR. Its an iconic car and probably "means" more emotionally to own than it makes sense to purchase. But that platform is in need of a complete philosophy revamp. If the next one isnt mid-engine and lightweight, its done for because its definitely going to be a $130-150K car and that will put it in direct pricing competition of the GT3, McLaren, AMG GT etc. Those cars will only be a little more expensive and far more luxurious, better build quality and faster. Then we already have the new C8 Z06 thats giving us that level of performance for about $100k. The ZR1 equivalent for the C8 will be out by then as well and would be cheaper than whatever Nismo version of the next GTR and thered be 2 C8 models faster and cheaper. Thats what I mean with them needing a complete philosophy change. I personally think the GTR will go on another sabbatical. Not like it was from the the R34 to the R35 but a few years I believe.
:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
The GTR R35 has always been that ride every petrol head salutes :salute:

Every time I see one on the road, It’s a head turner :whew:

But what I don’t get is that they have never modified it since 2008 (well minor transmission adjustments but that’s it) and every time you see them on sale, the prices got a brotha like :sadbron:.

Look at these prices…. A 2014 going for $95,000 :gucci:

Is the GTR overrated or what?
the new GTR's are HEAVILY overrated, I think someone said it on here that this japanese companies can't make their supercars how they use to (lightweight, fast and nimble) this GTR just looks bulky and heavy.