NPR ARTICLE đź“„: Jay-Z called out the Grammys. What if Black artists said enough is enough?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh black artists think they are above black shows. How many BET awards and shyt Beyoncé alone be skipping?

And its because we don't take it serioulsy. She's been and performed at several of them. When's the last time she was at the VMA's?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No she didn't

Her albums aren't that good. Good singles here or there
Where is her Miseducation? Don't have 1

Breh, you don't really want to play that game because you wouldn't be holding other artists to that same standard. How many albums since Miseducation are as good or better than Miseducation?

My point is, Bryknce was nominated for AOTY four times. Obviously, it met the criteria to even be nominated. She hasn't won it yet though.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, you don't really want to play that game because you wouldn't be holding other artists to that same standard. How many albums since Miseducation are as good or better than Miseducation?

My point is, Bryknce was nominated for AOTY four times. Obviously, it met the criteria to even be nominated. She hasn't won it yet though.

Actually I do hold them all to the same standard

Make a better album

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The vast majority of those awards though were in what are essentially the Black categories though. This was moreso about how she has all these Grammys, but never took home the big award. Out of the times she was nominated for it, she was definitely robbed in 2015.
Exactly. He’s being obtuse. I’ve pointed this out to him before. Kanye said years ago that he’s never won an award against a white person.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Taylor Swift met that standard four times? See how ridiculous that sounds.

I don't care what music Swift makes

Some odd reason nikkas wanna be treated like Cacs
I was raised to be better than them

Thus Beyonce needs to make a better album
Compare her to other Black artist that have won AOTYs like Stevie Wonder

Now rank her shyt compared to his....and there's your answer

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How many artists have made albums that are on that level since Stevie?

You can't have a serious discussion like this and say make better music.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

She’s not competing against history, it’s the field. You make no sense. Like your post is literally senseless, who the helm said to make music like them. That’s who she is competing against. There are no Stevie Wonders in the category. That’s like saying to win MVP 2008, Kobe Bryant needed to have a season equivalent to 1987 Michael Jordan. There was no Michael Jordan in the league that year. @2Quik4UHoes you guys really cosinging this nonsense? I don’t even like Beyoncé’s music but if we have to like a black person’s shyt to see that they’re held to a different standard than white people then we are completely cooked. fukking Harry Styles won this shyt last year lmao.

Pick whoever your favorite black artist is and then compare them to the white people winning. It’s not complicated. I was raised to understand context @ImOldAF maybe that’s the difference in our upbringing since you want to go there for no reason.

Last edited:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
We only cared for The Source and Soul train awards coming up. We didn't give a fukk about no Grammy. These rich nikkas are disconnected from their actual base. Jay in his mind feels he a freedom fighter for black culture when he's been a Yankee Dynasty for 20 years so his message gonna fall on deaf ears .

He's right about snubbing but in my mind I'm thinking "Why you begging these CACs for acknowledgement? You a billionaire right? Create a black hip hop award show.

If it was somebody like 38 Spesh getting snubbed then yeah we"LL ride. Plus I know him personally.

Like we give a fukk about Travis Scott getting snubbed. He's a whole Kardashian now :russ:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She’s not competing against history, it’s the field. You make no sense.

Yes she is because she's Black

She has to do better. I don't make the rules