NY AG sues SiriusXM for ‘trapping’ customers in unwanted subscriptions

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Truthfully the main reason why I keep it is because I also pay for a sub for my mom’s car. I have tried multiple times to get her off it but she just can’t figure out how to use Bluetooth streaming from her phone. I will set it up for her and inevitably she will somehow erase all her settings or somehow put her phone on airplane mode or some other horseshyt that stresses me out lol

Just easier to pay the sub than get her to figure out easy technology
. Lol

Same with my mom. But they gave her a great deal, like 2 yrs for $60. Or something crazy like that.

But she'll never get the hang of streaming, and I honestly don't want her to be messing with stuff while she's driving.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
They use to do this they would offer me discount after discount to stay on.

As others have said it's kinda useless for music now but I like the NBA radio and sports channels if you can catch the $5/$6 month special it's worth it.

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
It was before it blew up.

I don't believe they are traditional ads. More like "the 5'o clock mix show! With dj mouma...." And a bunch of talking. Then they'll play a song and talk, play 2 songs and talk "check out dj mouma on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, everyday at 5 o clock!" For all the stations they have, they cycle a lot of the same songs. And it's kind of like terrestrial radio where you hear one song on the billboard or hot 100 then flip the station to another and it's playing on that one. I remember hearing that Nicki minaj/ice spice princess Diana a lot this summer and i was like
" :shaq2: aight I'm cancelling this shyt"

They do tend to play the same shyt over and over.

The only worthwhile stuff to listen to is Shade 45 when they have the DJ shows at night, whoo kid, and Allout show back when Lord Sear and Jude where doing the show together which is now cancelled completely. SiriusXM fly isn’t too bad (they focus on throwback hip hop and r&b). I like the sports talk stuff too.

Outside of that it’s basura :hhh:

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
THANK YOU!

However, you don’t have to cancel. Just call and threaten to cancel and you’ll get it for like $70/year or something. A colleague taught me the trick and I was going crazy because I had been paying like $229 a year and they reduced that shyt to damn near nothing with just a phone call. Shyt is a racket.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
They are the worst man lol. I mean XM is cool but they’re really only good for when you’re taking long trips. I listen to Sway off and on, and I used to listen to Jude and Lord Sear before they broke up or whatever. They still be trying to charge people over 20 a month.. whyyyy??? You better take this 5 or less a month and shut up :russ:
Sear not on anymore???? Funny as fukk man he on YouTube or something?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps