Official Greater Sacramento Thread...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
fukk it, it's time and I'm surprised I haven't made one already...

Defining the Greater Sac area as the region of Northern California that is culturally and economically intertwined to the city of Sacramento, the following counties: Sacramento, San Joaquin, Placer, Yolo, Butte, El Dorado, Shasta, Nevada, Sutter, Yuba, Tehama...

The largest cities in the Greater Sacramento metropolis are Sacramento, Stockton, Chico, Redding, and Yuba City. There are suburbs of Sac that are larger than these other cities but those suburbs don't exist independent of Sacramento...

This is probably the only large area in California currently growing, with a population of 3,948,515 people as of 2022, which is +.07% from 2020. Most of the growth is of course in the Sacramento and Stockton areas. This area too, is about 5.7% non-Hispanic black, with about 224,000 black residents, again most of us concentrated in and around Sacramento and Stockton. That is a decline of around 1.2% since '20, when the region had over 226,000 black people and was around 5.8% black...

If you add in the "mixed blacks", the region probably easily clears 10% black and is probably closer to 12-12.5% black...

Sacramento is an emerging city nationally and "the city" for 4 million Californians, with its own unique character and vibe. It's time to dedicate specific space to talking about Sacramento, the Sacramento Valley and Greater Sacramento on its own merits and benefits to California and what it offers!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Giving a shout out to the recreation of the city, this shyt is so dope. Sacramento is hard for anywhere outside Cali to beat in terms of food diversity and urban recreation. The one thing we need to do better is consistently build upon black-owned businesses, but we do alot of shyt right here...

I'm going to continue to advocate for Sac city and the Sac Valley as a better option for us than The Bay!