Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
script>

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
So my job is paying everyone a time and a half during the quarantine so two of my cards are about to be paid off by May! Hell yea!

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
Saving up to buy a plot of land, only have $2200 left to go! Hoping to have this by the end of summer, I plan to build a tiny home on the land. Super excited!

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In five years I hope to be done with borrowing completely and using credit cards completely. I'm thinking one last car loan to be paid off in 3 years and a refinance on my mortgage to be paid off in 3-5 years. I pretty much live on cash/debit card now.

I'm not worried about a credit score, although I know it's used for certain areas of employment. I've seen a friend grow her business without borrowing, so I know it can be done, in the event I go that route. Not saying I'd open a business exactly like hers, but figure out how to start and grow it organically.

Saving up to buy a plot of land, only have $2200 left to go! Hoping to have this by the end of summer, I plan to build a tiny home on the land. Super excited!

That's very exciting! Do you have a tiny home plan as well? I want to build a tiny home for my mom in my backyard. I have about 5000 sq ft of land, so its plenty of space, if the county allows.

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
In five years I hope to be done with borrowing completely and using credit cards completely. I'm thinking one last car loan to be paid off in 3 years and a refinance on my mortgage to be paid off in 3-5 years. I pretty much live on cash/debit card now.

I'm not worried about a credit score, although I know it's used for certain areas of employment. I've seen a friend grow her business without borrowing, so I know it can be done, in the event I go that route. Not saying I'd open a business exactly like hers, but figure out how to start and grow it organically.

That's very exciting! Do you have a tiny home plan as well? I want to build a tiny home for my mom in my backyard. I have about 5000 sq ft of land, so its plenty of space, if the county allows.

Yea I actually just bought the plan today. I was planning to build the house myself with the help of a couple of family members but after looking at the plan I think I'll hire professionals lol. I've never built a house or anything close to it before so I don't want to mess it up. The plan was super confusing to read because I plan to build on a foundation not wheels so the plan was designed to be submitted for city permits so it's basically just a bunch of construction/engineering jargon that I don't understand. It's times like these that I wish I had a boyfriend that knew how to build stuff lol.

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Yea I actually just bought the plan today. I was planning to build the house myself with the help of a couple of family members but after looking at the plan I think I'll hire professionals lol. I've never built a house or anything close to it before so I don't want to mess it up. The plan was super confusing to read because I plan to build on a foundation not wheels so the plan was designed to be submitted for city permits so it's basically just a bunch of construction/engineering jargon that I don't understand. It's times like these that I wish I had a boyfriend that knew how to build stuff lol.
Super congrats! How large is the plot? LOL Please hire professionals (architect engineer contractor), it’s a pretty complex process wrt permits, engineering and design plus materials, timelines and troubleshooting. All the best, that’s really super exciting. I love to see women making their goals!

I had a buyer reach out to me for a sizable land deal ($ and size considering where we are) and it was pretty interesting on my scouting and reviewing the plans/surveys and town restrictions-definitely new territory! Covid has been in the way but I’m really looking forward to it resuming, hopefully. *crosses fingers*

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
May was a pretty expensive month for me, had some big ticket items and shopping plus the biggies (auto insurance) was due. Unexpected car repair, someone swiped my mirror womp womp. I got another discount on my advertising, and I’m paying cards in full as I normally do. I did take advantage of a balance transfer and started really using my low interest rate card (the published rate when I first got it was 12.74 then swung up to 13.74 and down to 11.99 so not sure how I swung that) more to offload using my charge as top of wallet. Had to dip into my savings which is never fun but I don’t mind the pain *at once* since I know the spending will seriously drop off, I’ll replenish the savings shortly. I did max out on coupons/promotions and got stuff I was delaying like hair stuff, Uggs for $75-I don’t know when or why I started shopping at 0 for several (5+months) at a time then massive purchases across categories.

My last payment for LASIK is it’s lowest next month so that’ll be additional money I can put to saving. I have to plan a smart strategy for realistically buying a multi or prioritizing self funding a business. I have tons of brainstorms and could use an accountability buddy.

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
Super congrats! How large is the plot? LOL Please hire professionals (architect engineer contractor), it’s a pretty complex process wrt permits, engineering and design plus materials, timelines and troubleshooting. All the best, that’s really super exciting. I love to see women making their goals!

I had a buyer reach out to me for a sizable land deal ($ and size considering where we are) and it was pretty interesting on my scouting and reviewing the plans/surveys and town restrictions-definitely new territory! Covid has been in the way but I’m really looking forward to it resuming, hopefully. *crosses fingers*

The plot is a little under 5,000 sq ft. and the tiny house is 144 sq ft. Yea I'm def gonna hire a professional now that I've actually looked at the plan.