Official Undergraduate College Admissions Thread

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
If you dont get into a brand name private school, go to your state school. If you dont get in there, go to community college. Private schools without a strong network are not worth the money.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
If you dont get into a brand name private school, go to your state school. If you dont get in there, go to community college. Private schools without a strong network are not worth the money.

This. I made that mistake during my first and half my second year of college. Went to an expensive (25k a semester) ass private school and it wasn't shyt in terms of academics nor social life. Just now transferring to a much bigger state school with better quality professors, resources and connections. All for about 10k a semester with housing and food included.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
This. I made that mistake during my first and half my second year of college. Went to an expensive (25k a semester) ass private school and it wasn't shyt in terms of academics nor social life. Just now transferring to a much bigger state school with better quality professors, resources and connections. All for about 10k a semester with housing and food included.

Nice, congrats man. I go to a huge state school on a scholarship, the thing is there seems to be no community or support but there really is. What major are you in? For example im in computer science so I can join the society of black engineers and get a nice little support net around me.

The best thing about a big school is the research :takedat:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I would encourage Blacks to go to HBCU's especially the decent ones as you have a better chance of getting a job out of a HBCU than a good state school. Avoid crap schools regardless if it is a HBCU or not. Schools with a strong network should be at the top of any college students list. Of course the best networks are from the big time schools but that doesn't guarantee that network will include you as I seen with some of my friends from top tier schools.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
I would encourage Blacks to go to HBCU's especially the decent ones as you have a better chance of getting a job out of a HBCU than a good state school. Avoid crap schools regardless if it is a HBCU or not. Schools with a strong network should be at the top of any college students list. Of course the best networks are from the big time schools but that doesn't guarantee that network will include you as I seen with some of my friends from top tier schools.

By HBCUs you basically mean Howard then :mjpls:

Im from western new york so that would not ave worked out for me. I plan on joining Omega Psi Phi which I have legacy in anyway. At my state school by the time I graduate I can get three internships, do undergrad research, take graduate level courses, and work directly with some of the most recognized minds in my field. The thing is 90 percent of the students here wont do any of this. If youre the kind of person that likes to take care of business yourself a state school is perfect for you.