OGC Nice Mario Balotelli racially abused at football match

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Sad. They better issue fines and start arresting and removing disruptive thugs from the match like with the Dani Alves's banana incident.

Balotelli has a pretty dope and positive IG; evidently a leg & ass man: Mario Balotelli (@mb459) • Instagram photos and videos :ehh:

Ligue 1 to investigate after Italian striker Mario Balotelli accuses Bastia fans of making monkey noises as he played.

Football fans at a match in Corsica, France, made monkey noises as Italian striker Mario Balotelli played on the field, according to the footballer, who is black.

Balotelli on Saturday posted to Instagram an account of the racist taunting, as he decried the lack of direct action from official bodies.

Born to Ghanaian immigrants to Italy, OGC Nice player Balotelli said: "Is it normal that Bastia [football team] supporters make monkey noise [and] 'uh' 'uh' for the whole game and no one of the 'commissions discipline' say nothing?"

Addressing Bastia fans, he said: "So is racism legal in France? Or only in Bastia? Football is an amazing sport. Those people like Bastia supporters make it horrible!

The post, which received more than 35,000 likes, ended with Balotelli describing in French the incident as a total disgrace.

OGC Nice retweeted Balotelli's account on its Twitter page in a post that was shared more than 7,500 times.

"Nice, which already had stones thrown at its bus before the game, is outraged by what happened to its players on Friday night, and in particular to Mario Balotelli," the club said in a statement.

Disciplinary committee to investigate
Later on Saturday, France's football association said it would investigate the incident.

Ligue 1 said in a statement that it "deplored all of the incidents" that took place during Friday's match, where the teams drew 1-1.

The association said that its disciplinary committee, mentioned in Balotelli's post, will start the investigation after it gathers information from both football clubs on the matter.

The disciplinary committee is scheduled to convene on Thursday.

The incident reportedly took place at the Armand Cesari stadium in Corsica.

Commentators from local broadcasters who were covering the match made no reference to the racial abuse.

Bastia has not yet responded to Balotelli's claim.

The incident was not Balotelli's first experience battling against racist fans. The player was subject to racial abuse by Roma fans when he played with AC Milan in 2013.

Ligue 1 had deducted two points from Bastia in the 2007-2008 season following a similar incident where fans reportedly racially abused Boubacar Kebe, a player from Burkina Faso.

Balotelli, 26, joined OGC Nice from Liverpool in August, and has helped the club improve overall league results after scoring eight league goals in 10 matches.

OGC Nice is currently top of the Ligue 1, with 46 points from a total of 21 games, while Corsica's Bastia are in 15th place, with 21 points in comparison.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
fukk those racist ass countries I get annoyed by those corny pray for blank social media marks whenever some shyt happen over there they don't a rats ass about our black asses.

Who comes up and cosigned monkey chants in 2017 fukking disgusting and disgrace to sport

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
That's fukked up :francis:

I wonder what's the worse fine the team can receive for this considering they already have one prior Incident where they were punished for the same shyt

I believe it places pressure and improves security and crowd control. When a deranged fan threw a banana at Dani in Barcelona (his response was classic), guy was issued a lifetime ban from La Liga Division games. No incidents after that.

Also, Croatia and Kosovo hadn't had any more reported issues since their fined when fans chanted anti-Serbian slurs.

They are equivalent to the morbidly obese or functionally retarded Alabama U football fans.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
They need to ban fans ASAP for any type of racism. There needs to be a zero tolerance policy.

PSG and Inter have both banned their Ultras this year for their behavior, so it's not like it's something that can't be done.

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs aint shyt will happen slap on the wrist .. Racism is an inconvenience. Nicklas Bendtner was fined more for wearing an unsanctioned advertiser than Atletico Madrid was fined for Racism.. FIFA and UEFa dont really wqant to deal with it