Old Man Babble -- Do any of you actually miss physical, mechanical technology?

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
I miss parts of analog life, too.

I feel that way about old school touch tone and rotary phones. The power windows in my car act up occasionally and my driver seat has been jammed from moving for the last 3 years, at least. Considering the costs to fix them both, it makes me miss the hand crank windows and the manual seat control bar you use to slide the seat back and forth.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Perhaps this is nostalgia, but I do miss physical, mechanical technology to some degree.
Looking back, I do feel like there's a certain charm of pressing buttons and turning dials, for example.

You're in your car, you could change the radio or the volume without having to look at a touch screen.
The click of pressing Play to listen to a cassette on your radio. There was just something satisfying about it.
You can't even get angry and slam a phone down anymore, which...ok that's silly. But still...

I fully accept and admit that this is a :flabbynsick: kind of thread.
Just curious if I'm the only one here.

:unsure:
I was joking with friends about this. The emotion is completely stripped of hanging up on folks now. A simple click just isn’t enough to get your point across.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I miss parts of analog life, too.

I feel that way about old school touch tone and rotary phones. The power windows in my car act up occasionally and my driver seat has been jammed from moving for the last 3 years, at least. Considering the costs to fix them both, it makes me miss the hand crank windows and the manual seat control bar you use to slide the seat back and forth.
Ok this is minor but I absolutely hate how car seats are adjusted electronically with that slow moving mechanism.

Just let people use the bar to slide back and forth. You're absolutely right about that. It's better in every way.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
I miss when entertainment companies weren't yet able to foreverly scour the Internet for beats they own and file copyright claims just kuz nikkas wanted to use it for a random freestyle.