Older brehs of the Coli was life better before social media and smart phones?

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
I hate it,but I honestly gave in :yeshrug:
I don't use the major social media platforms, but I've grown to hate people and I don't care for interacting anymore because of the shallowness and ignorance of people. I'm in my phone most of the time now because I can't bother with people. fukk em all to hell :pacspit:

I'd only give my attention to someone who is worthwhile and not self absorbed, clout addicted, ego driven Maniac, racist arrogant a$$hole, or an ignorant shallow fukk head. That's really what the majority of people are. I used to crave that deep interaction, but it took me years to realize that. they don't give a fukk about you, but they do care about what you have to offer them.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Social media/Technology was at a sweet spot a few years back (like around 06-11).

Social media is not all bad. Initially it made it easier to connect with friends and family that you haven't seen in years or that live far away.

But the access to smartphones made it go outta hand.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I gotta go against the grain on this one

I was about 15 or 16 when AOL chat and cell phones were getting more capable.

The internet made it easier to access females and communicate. People were more ignorant before the internet in my opinion and when those walls came down, it brought parity into the world of dating.

I graduated HS in 2000 and I think the sweet spot was till 2008 where HAL said fukk it, you work for me now.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
People being buried in their phones/tablets is something that bugs me out most times. I take commuter rail (LIRR) home from work/school and sometimes I'll just look around the train and you'll see about 75% of people staring at a phone screen. Walking around Penn, most people are walking while staring down at their phones completely oblivious to the others around them. Then they get mad when they bump into you and their phone falls :troll:

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
I work with kids/young adults 14-23 and the impact of technology/social media is nothing short of a disaster when it comes to social handicaps/anxiety and behaviour that resembles that of adolescents within the autistic spectrum without being diagnosed as such.The ability to read emotions through body language and micro expression seems to decline cause social interactions are so different now.I asked some of the kids if they listen to love songs and i had to explain how a song can enhance romantic feelings between two people since their understanding of a love song was overtly sexual and based off what they thought you should act like when you like someone.The next thing i asked if they ever saw their parents kissing or slow dancing,just signs of romantic connection between people they saw on a daily basis and had an emotional connection to themselves.The boys did not know how to initiate a romantic gesture cause they had no examples of this through social media and the girls followed the same pattern by mindlessly repeating catch phrases or referring to other young women they saw on social media.None of them knew how to slow dance and were visibly akward to the idea of having to be so close to another person without the context of sex or being in control of the situation.there are so much examples of kids losing touch with what i consider to be key building blocks of a sane,mentally healthy human being and it scares me tbh..

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Social media and smart phones have directly led to the rise of these pussified incels, clout chasing fakkits, dummy criminals, talentless hacks, backpage ig whores, alt-right losers, and MAGA idiots. They’ve really been a cancer for society.

:scust:

Came in to say this. Making the internet so portable and accessible has led to people isolating themselves into their own communities online. Its basically created insular social institutions. You can interact with people without ever leaving your home. You will never be challenged.

(Yes I realize the irony of my post since we're on the coli)